Chapter 3

Zephyr somehow managed to switch into... three of my classes. Those classes are Spanish, Geometry, and English. So by the time chemistry came around, I basically started to hate life in general. He wouldn't stop bothering me, and I questioned why the teacher would arrange everyone's seats and let the kids that switch in pick their seats. Brianna and Skylar wouldn't stop giving me "Hey, hey Iris," Zephyr whispered."What?" I groaned.

"Can you give me the answer to this question?" Zephyr asked.

"No! Shut up and do your own work!" I urged.

"Can you at least help me find the answer to this question?" Zephyr begged. "I really don't get it."

"Iris! This is why I moved your seat!" Mr. Fal scolded.

"But, but-" I sputtered.Mr. Fal sighed, then looked at Zephyr. "New student, and you're already talking."

I shot a glare at Zephyr, but Zephyr whispered again, "So can you help me find the answer to this question?"

"Well... can you help me find the answer to..." Wanting to be sassy, I finished lamely, "Your face?!"

He gave me a weird look before smirking devilishly, grabbing my hand, and pulling it towards him. "I know right?" he chuckled. "It's irresistible."

"Crap, no, that's not what I meant..." I sighed, continuing to glare at Zephyr.

The bell rang, and Zephyr followed me for a bit. "Seriously, what do you want now?" I asked.

"Want to hang out after school?" Zephyr smiled."No. And I hope I don't see you anywhere outside of school," I snapped, turning to walk to my friends. "You're annoying."

"Iris. Look at me for a second," Zephyr said.

"No," I objected. "I bet you don't have history next."

"I don't," Zephyr admitted. "Which sucks. But look at me for a second."

Reluctantly, I turned around, saw his face, and then eyed his hand. It was in a sideways peace sign. The universal signal that indicates... wait, is he serious? "Yes," he said, his stare lingering onto me for a second before he turned away and started towards the other turn. "It's certainly what you think it is. See you after school."

What the hell is Zephyr doing working in the government, if it really did mean that signal? With this, I was able to conclude that the guy I saw before I got my award yesterday was actually Zephyr. How new is Zephyr?

~

"Well, bye guys!" Brianna gleefully said, and everyone headed to their separate paths as usual.

One of the only differences from the usual was that William walked with me and Jackson this time. Then Jackson elbowed me in the side. "Dude, it's Zephyr," he whispered.

"What-" Next thing I knew, I was grabbed, pulled backwards, and turned around only to face a pair of bright blue eyes. "What the fuck, Zephyr."

"Ooh, who's he? He's cute," William remarked. "Oh, wait, but he grabbed Iris. Sorry! I'll back off now."

Jackson opened his mouth to say something, but I was already yelling at Zephyr. "What the fuck, Zephyr, let me go!"

"Aw, come on, Iris. I just wanted to make you aware of my presence..." Zephyr pouted, but his face lit up once again when he took a closer look at me. "Also, you're blushing."

"Jackson already made me aware of your presence. Now let me go," I demanded.

"Hmph, fine," Zephyr let my arm go and crossed his arms, pouting again.