Chapter 23

"Third policy," Zephyr began. "Because... the other two don't really matter to you that much. I'll say the whole thing word for word."

Cameron looked at Zephyr intently, probably trying to figure out why the first and second policies didn't matter. "Oh, by the way, Cameron, the first two policies just say stuff about not stealing and keeping the whole government thing a secret... both of which I kind of broke already by telling you this and taking food from the cafeteria for the homeless..." Zephyr stated. "But at least they're both for pretty good purposes."

"Hm, okay," Cameron shrugged.

"Alrighty, so, here I go: The United Provinces have a secret defense service that I serve, and you are able to join it bearing the loyalty of the United Provinces. There is a station I can lead you through if you'd like. But maybe this doesn't matter, at least not to you," Zephyr recited. "The decision is yours. Do what you will with that info."

"So you have to keep a secret from anyone you're not inviting... but you can invite whoever you want," Cameron assumed.

"Pretty much," Zephyr said. "But we can't just go up to a random stranger and recruit them."

"I see..." Cameron said.

"Here's an idea you probably thought was pretty obvious already," I piped up. "You could always infiltrate the government and stuff... join it to experience what it's truly like so you can truly experience every flaw to argue points as to why taking out the system is good. You'll get every key point you need."

"Well, first of all, thank you for acknowledging the fact that I would think the idea is obvious," Cameron said. "Because I did."

"You're welcome," I replied.

"But... I won't do it," Cameron said.

"Why not?" Zephyr asked, glancing at Ashley for a second and back at Cameron. "It seems like a pretty good plan."

"I seem way too suspicious," Cameron said. "There is still segregation in this world, is there not? People have been rejected from joining the government before, right? At least, by the policy?"

"I guess so..." I said. "We made sure there was no racial segregation, but the President has rejected and kicked out overweight people before."

"I think... they already can't trust me. First of all, I'm over seven feet and still growing, I have silver eyes that change color, and I'm... a bit too powerful," Cameron stated.

"They could use that power," Zephyr theorized.

"Did you guys trust me first sight?" Cameron asked.

"Well, no, you were in front of the President and his family with the White House completely torn down, which, was fortunately repaired," I said. "But still."

"Okay... good point, but..." Cameron sighed. "They won't trust me. Oh, and of course, the Behemoth Corporation probably sent a picture to the government stating that I'm an enemy. And of course they'll have people confirm things if I dare use a disguise."

"Oh yeah... true..." I said. "But what if, hypothetically, they did let you in?"

"Ehh..." Cameron shrugged. "Besides, why do I need to do that? I have you guys."

We looked at him curiously, and he decided to give in and explain further. "It's not just me piloting the rebellion now, right? I've got you guys, part of the very thing I'm trying to take away," Cameron said. "Are you with me?"

We nodded. "Are you totally okay with what I'm trying to do?" Cameron asked.

"Yeah," I said, without thinking.