Chapter 16

Entry 14 - December 13th, 2097

 Something special finally happened today. I went to go take a walk and I met a person. He's blonde with brown eyes, and is shorter than me. He went to go warn me about the many dangers of London. For a moment, I had no idea how to answer. It was the first time anyone had ever been nice to me. So I stopped him before he could walk away from me. His name's William (but I call him Will).

 I asked him if he wanted to go skinny dipping or if he wanted to go to a nightclub. The skinny dipping was a joke, since I've never done that before. He answered nightclub.

 The night was pretty crazy. I know I'll end up with a killer hangover tomorrow. I'm surprised I'm even able to write this. Writing clears my head. Will clears my head. I can't believe I made a friend. I hope he never leaves me.

 "Hey, Anderson," Will whispered. "I hoped the same thing."

 I gave him a look of sympathy and continued reading.

Entry 15 - December 15th, 2097

 Yesterday, Will and I basically spent the whole day whining over our hangovers. It was totally worth it though. I'm not sure what Will and I have planned to do later or tomorrow, but Will told me to keep the tequila shots away from him. Will's pretty funny when he's drunk, but I obeyed anyway.

Entry 16 - December 20th, 2097

 Apparently Will wanted a job. I told him to volunteer for the government since he was so good at using computers. By tomorrow, we should find out whether he got the job or not. I honestly hope he gets it. I truly believe that he deserves the job.

Entry 17 - December 21st, 2097

 Will got the job (as I cleverly predicted) as a system manager. He was actually really good at hacking things, so this job could hone his skills more. As for me, I've been fooling around at hotel rooms and random systematic things.

 Those "systematic things" are things that Will got from the government that aren't forbidden for me to use. Will's considering letting me live with him since his parents are rarely home. I told him it was up to him, because I didn't want to rely on him all the time. I always relied on myself.

Entry 18 - December 25th, 2097

 It's Christmas today. Will already knocked out, so I'm pretty bored. We went to the same nightclub we visited when we first met. Instead of shots, we ended up trying some of the girlier drinks. They're actually really good, and the hangover shouldn't be so bad.

 For Christmas, Will got me a recording disk. A recording disk is basically a disk with buttons on the side of it. You can choose to record your voice on it or play the audio that's already on it. You can also set it on float mode, which is pretty cool. It floats a few inches off the surface you activate it off of. When I played the audio Will put on, he said, "Merry Christmas, Ash. I know we've only met two weeks ago and we're dicks to each other sometimes, but you're my best and only trustworthy friend. Please never leave me behind. The times we've been having are fun."

 He also told me to record something when I'm doing something huge or amazing without him. I told him I would.

 I'm still playing the audio file again and again. It puts an almost permanent smile on my face.

Entry 19 - January 1st, 2098

 I wish I didn't have to slack off at home while Will is off at his job in the government. I want something to do with myself other than the occasional call to DJ for a party (Yes, I crash at Will's place, which I call home, whenever I can. And yes, several people have phoned me to DJ at their parties. However, I don't get paid as much as Will does.)