Chapter 11

So then I thought, "If I can't hold him back, should I just date him again? Why am I so afraid of him?"

 For a long time, after liking Zephyr in 8th grade, I avoided every other attempt for a romance to happen. I kind of thought, "Fuck this, I'm not dating until college."

 Yet, here I am, falling for the guy that made me afraid of loving again in the first place. I forgot how scary and exciting the whole feeling was until Zephyr came back. Basically your heart beats faster, you feel warm practically everywhere, and it's hard to think straight when you're looking straight at the cause. Before Zephyr could kiss me for probably the tenth time today, our phones vibrated. "Zephyr," I breathed. "Wait..."

 He started panting, and when he stopped, he grinned cheekily. "Aw, man, guess we'll have to stop there."

 "I don't know, I guess so," I muttered."Think about what I said," Zephyr said, kissing me one more time. "Not that you already do, but you know. Actually answer this time. Hehe."

 "Oh, shut up," I replied, checking my phone. The text was from Skylar. It said: Oh my fucking god, Andy's back. Immediately, the blushing and heart beating stopped, as I was now concerned for Skylar's safety.

 "Andy. That fucking piece of shit," I growled.

 "What do we do now?!" Zephyr panicked. "We can't just cause a scene at school!"

 "Let's keep Andy under major surveillance. He pisses me off," I said. "I'm gonna text Skylar back."

 I sent: Fucking hell, if he lays a hand on you I'm gonna kick his ass. Actually, you can kick his ass, but then I want a turn because I'm your friend. Why the fuck is he at our school?She replied: Thanks girl, but apparently he transferred here. Ugh!

 "Let's hurry and get to the school," I said to Zephyr, grabbing his hand without thinking.

 He had a look of surprise on his face, and his hand was warm. I opened the window and pulled Zephyr out, jumping out of the window with him. Then we ran to the school together. By the time Zephyr and I snuck into the first floor for no particular reason at all, there was already screaming. "I told you, I don't wanna talk to you, asshole!" Skylar screamed.

 My eyes widened. What was going on?! "All I said was hi, bitch," Andy replied.

 There he was, standing four inches taller than Skylar as they both glared at one another. Andy had put black highlights in his blonde hair. "Go fucking die and stay away from me. I told you to stay away from me!" Skylar yelled. "You can't just stroll in here and greet me, calling me a bitch!"

 "You are a bitch, bitch. You can't get high enough to have sex with me no matter how much cocaine you snorted," Andy said.

 "What the fuck is your problem?" Skylar asked. "You literally have no reason to come pick on me again!"

 "I loved you, Skylar, but now I could step on your face and not give a shit," Andy said.

 My blood was boiling, and I instantly wondered how angry Skylar felt if I was this angry.

~ "People say to change who you are and to change your world to make things better, but it's really not that easy. Having to change factor after factor until something finally happens? That takes too long, and by the time we put in a lot of effort, we've already fallen apart." - Skylar

 I used to live in the shittiest part of the country. Considering the fact that things should have changed a lot from the last few decades, this is a strange thing. The world should have improved by now. Yet there's still shitty people everywhere.