Chapter 35

~Brianna

"Reed... no..." I choked, digging through my bag for the healer bands. "Okay, here..."

"Brianna... I'm glad I saved you," Reed mumbled. "You're the one that can heal people. I'm glad you're here. I'm glad you're trying to save me."

"Shh, don't talk," I said, my fingers shaking.

The clone pulled his sword out of Reed, and Reed's body fell limp into my arms. "It's a big injury, but you'll be okay... you'll be okay..." I tried to reassure the both of us.

I was panicking. I didn't know if I was supposed to drag Reed's body with me. I was sure that he'd only lose more blood. But I needed to save him. I desperately needed to save him. "Reed, please don't go..." I whispered, placing some healer bands on the injury. "You're going to be okay. See? The healer bands... they're already healing—"

The clone stomped onto Reed's wound, and Reed cried out in pain. I screamed. "Help!"

A few Leviathan Organization members that were scattered from their teams saw what was going on and ran over to me. "Just drag him away slowly!" one of them yelled. "We'll back you up!"

They were far away, but I listened to them anyway. I nodded and tried to slowly drag Reed away from the clone. The clone looked at me and Reed, confused, and decided to lunge its sword towards us again. "No!" I screamed, placing Reed down and standing up to block the attack with my dagger.

"Brianna, no..." Reed mumbled.

I didn't stop the lunge at all, and instead, my shoulder got dislocated backwards in the attempt. I nearly fell down, but stood up, still advancing towards the clone. What messed up the lunge, causing the accuracy of it to go beside me, was Reed's energy shots right at the clone's face and shoulder. "Brianna!" Iris yelled, desperately trying to catch up to me.

I directly stabbed the clone, then took out my gun and kept shooting beams at it. It struggled against me, and I felt the strap of my bag being harshly tugged. I moved backwards and realized what had just happened. His sword tore through my bag. And he activated antimatter to test out his sword which caused my entire supply of healer bands disappear. "No..." I whispered. "No, no, no, no! No! Reed, no!"

"Brianna..." Reed said, breathing heavily. "I'm glad you tried."

"I'm not glad that I failed!" I burst out crying.

"Brianna..." Reed wheezed, coughing up blood. "Oh, fuck, I'm losing a lot of blood. This hurts a lot."

"Charlotte! Someone! Anyone with healer bands on them! Anyone that can heal!" I screamed into the communicator. "Somebody come over here!"

"Cameron, are you there?!" Iris yelled into the communicator. "Dude, what happened to your communicator?! Hurry up and answer!"

"Cameron dropped his communicator in the pursuit, what's up?" Avery asked. "I still got mine, luckily."

"Reed... Reed is..." I continued crying. "Just come over here! Hurry up and get to the southwest province!"

"I'll get there as fast as I can. I'm at the northeast province, though..." Charlotte admitted.

"If anyone can get here... hurry up!" I cried.

"Brianna... that's enough..." Reed said. "I'm glad you're putting in the effort into someone like me."

"It's not enough to save you..." I sobbed. "I tried to save you and then you ended up saving me again and now I can't even save you..."

"Oh... Brianna..." Reed softly said.