Chapter 14

"So not having much in the United Kingdom, I decided to come here. My parents know where I am, unlike Anderson's parents. Then I volunteered for the United Provinces' government. There. That's basically my entire life," William concluded.

 "Uh, why did you decide to volunteer for the government?" Zephyr meekly asked.

 "Eh, I kind of liked the whole hacking thing," William replied. "To be honest, my job in the United Kingdom was pretty nice, but you know... fuck the United Kingdom, and off to the United Provinces!"

 "Zephyr, don't dodge the truly important topic at hand. You're an honest person, you don't usually do that kind of thing, so I'm surprised," Cameron said.

 "Whoa, where'd you come from?" Jackson asked. "Wait, aren't you that guy that led all those random crimes across the provinces?!"

 "Zephyr and Iris know where I came from," Cameron responded. "And yes, I'm that guy, but I decided to not do that anymore."

 I had no idea Cameron would be watching over the conversation in his antimatter space. I didn't even know that he wanted to in the first place. He's secretive until you ask him for details. "Good," Jackson said.

 "Your name's William, right?" Cameron asked.

 "Correct... why do you want to know that?" William questioned. "Whatever your name is."

 "I'm Cameron. You're going to hate me for this but... anyway, this Anderson... did he die on March 13th?" Cameron nervously asked.

 "Uh... maybe... yeah..." William said. "Why?"

 "William. I'm really sorry for this, I've been regretting this for so many years of my life. But... your friend Anderson... if he was six feet and two inches tall, and had blonde hair... then... I killed him. I'm the one that took his life," Cameron confessed, looking away regrettably.

 "Excuse me," William said, starting off strongly but eventually dropping to a cracked whisper. "What?"

 "Just... please... hear me out," Cameron softly begged. "I didn't want to do it, I swear, it just..."

 "Let me at him," William strictly commanded the rest of us, then walked up to Cameron. "Let me at him! He's mine!"

 "William, you can't kill him! He's indestructible," I screamed, grabbing William.

 "He literally can't feel physical pain, William," Zephyr calmly said. "Just... don't bother."

 "Get off! Don't hold me back!" William said, struggling against my grip. "I can't accept this!"

 "Iris, let him go," Cameron said, and I obliged.

 William's arm was pulled back as far as possible, and he swung his fist right at Cameron. Before there was an impact, William stopped, and his fist just tapped Cameron's chest. He sunk to the floor on his knees. "Why?" he said, his voice sounding painfully broken. "Why did you kill Anderson? He was my best friend... no... never mind that... he's still my best friend."

 "Listen, William..." Cameron softly answered. "Hear me out. It was out of self defense. He tried to kill me first."

 "He did?" William squeaked. "Why would Anderson ever..."

 "He did, and I don't know why. And I'm sorry for killing him. It was my first instinct, and when I realized what happened... I was shattered on the inside," Cameron stated. "The bullet he shot that hit my hand... it bled, and it didn't hurt. It should have hurt. I should have bled to death. In fact, if I weren't kidnapped into that organization, Anderson probably wouldn't have died. I'm so sorry, William, more sorry than you'll ever know."William broke down crying, and Jackson immediately hugged him. "Alright, group hug," I said, joining the hug and dragging Zephyr down.Cameron awkwardly stood by with a frown on his face as the four of us were embraced together. My phone vibrated. It was another text from Reed. He stated that he still had no idea what to do about Brianna. I texted back and told him that something important came up and that I'd get to him later. "So now what?" William sniffled.