Chapter 29

"So that's the plan, huh?" Austin muttered, taking a long moment to process everything I said.

 "Mhm," I responded.

 "Can I ask how the hell he pulled it all off?" Austin asked.

 "You'll have to ask him yourself," I replied. "To be honest, it makes absolutely no sense to me."

 "It's a strange plan," Nora commented. "But I think we should go with it. It's the only plan we got."

 "Oh, he did mention that we'd have to do something about the prisoners," Zephyr said. "Possibly free them."

 "What?" Wyatt asked. "Dude, these prisoners have done... things. Vicious things. Morally wrong things. That's why they're in prison. And on top of that, it's a safe prison, to be exact. They won't get in the way of the rebellion, and they won't get hurt."

 "Well, Wyatt," Reed chimed into the discussion. "Worst case scenario... nukes... they exist. They still exist. Not that our side will willingly use them."

 The discussion immediately fell silent. I was having the moment where I wanted to break the ice or have someone else do that, but I had no idea what to say. "Nukes," Reed babbled on. "Are unfortunately still a thing. They'll still be up and running. They're still being upgraded. They can destroy, and will destroy is the President desires things to be that way."

 "Nuking," Nora began. "Is such a rash move. Nukes are capable of so much... in fact, they're capable of too much. If the President uses them, then that shows this lack of care he has for his country. Why would he nuke in the first place, anyway? He basically rules this land."

 "Well, all more the reason to overthrow him," Charlotte remarked.

 "And all more the reason to navigate the prisoners to the portals," Reed added. "I want a rebellion or a battle with the least amount of casualties as possible."

 Reed basically had the center stage of the discussion now. He continued. "I'm sure everyone here wants that. And I'm sure Cameron wants that too. At least, according to what I heard from Zephyr and Iris."

 "He does," I said."So we're all for saving the prisoners, right?" Austin asked.

 We all nodded in agreement. "I'll text Cameron, then," Skylar volunteered, taking her phone out.

 "D'aww, all my pupils are growing up so fast," Austin gushed, wiping an imaginary tear from his face.

 We all sighed and rolled our eyes. Austin laughed. "You guys are such teenagers. Anyway, in all seriousness, we are coming near a new age. Approach it well, and when we succeed in reaching that milestone, live through it well."

 Austin dramatically stood up and started walking towards the door in particularly slow strides. "Wait, where are you going?" Brianna asked.

 "Telling Sebastian about everything. We need a way to tell everyone supporting the rebellion without the President finding out," Austin said, leaving the room. "Make sure to tell the prisoners what's going on."

 "Oh, right, guess that's a good idea," I said, quickly grabbing Zephyr and heading to Jackson's computer room.

 As Zephyr was being kind of dragged by me on our way to the computer room, Zephyr asked, "Are we confronting Adam first?"

 "Hm," I smiled. "How did you know?"

 "I simply know you way too well," Zephyr joked, then softened his voice. "Because I love you."

 "I love you too," I said, squeezing his hand tighter.We finally made the final turn and faced the door I had intended to reach in the first place. Zephyr opened the door and we barged in together. "Yo, Will, we're talking to your stepbrother!" Zephyr boomed out.