Chapter 37

"Ah, shit!" Skylar cried out when she was punched once again by the clone.

"You were so close..." Brianna sighed, lunging towards the clone again.

"Oh, just remember that this thing can throw you," one of the other men said.

Brianna stopped mid launch, and I had to thrust the clone's sword swing to the right. I read her mind. She was no longer in a good state of mind. I looked around for help and Nora grabbed Brianna and jumped back with her. I lunged forward only to be punched in the air via the clone's fist. It was obviously ignoring the damage it was taking from everyone else just to take down certain people at a time. Zephyr was daring enough to jump on the clone, run up, and prevent the clone from stabbing me in the air by using his shield. Skylar ran over and punched the clone as hard as she could, causing it to struggle against the rest of us. "Yep, as we hoped," one of the guys commented. "Pretty fucking effective."

"Indeed!" someone else agreed, attacking the clone.

Skylar tried for another hit at the clone, but the clone managed to shove everyone to the side when we all got too clustered up together. Zephyr blocked us from any harm with his shield, but we were knocked over to the right of the clone. "Oh, shit. Skylar!" a few of us, including me, screamed (not in unison).

I leaped up from the crowd and swung down on the sword. The clone grabbed Skylar and threw her far away. I was still standing on the clone's giant sword, and Brianna clung to me, panicking. The clone swung its sword up, then grabbed me and Brianna and threw us as well. "Ah, what the fuck?!" I yelled.

This made me wish I could say, "Swerve, bitch!" to the clone. Unfortunately I can't swerve past something with as much speed as that clone.

Brianna and I conveniently landed right near Skylar, but the clone was running towards us. I could hear Leanna screaming on the communicator, "Catch up to it, catch up to it!"

I stood up and was confused for a second when Brianna didn't stand up along with me. "Alright, we'll have to do the routine but taking less hits, because everyone needs to catch up in order for us to put up a really good fight," I said, then looking down at Brianna. "Oh my gosh, Brianna!"

"Brianna...?" Skylar looked at us, then at Brianna. "Holy shit, Brianna!"

We immediately ran over to give her a hug. This was because she was curled up into a ball, sobbing again. "We were thrown just like Reed and I were..." Brianna sobbed. "Someone might end up dying, oh my gosh..."

"Brianna, no, this is seriously not the time," Skylar strictly said. "We're going to be okay, I swear."

"But," Brianna gasped, trying to calm her crying down. "But Reed... Reed died from the same thing... the clone's coming... I can't lose another person!"

I took my hand off Brianna's shoulder and re-equipped my sword. "Damn it!" I screamed, running towards the clone, being thrown back by the force of the sword swing I blocked. "We're not going to die! We can't die!"

"Okay, I think we should scatter around a bit," Leanna said on the communicator. "A few of our members got separated from us."

"This is the worst time to separate!" Brianna screamed into her communicator.

"Okay, actually, I don't know, I'm just panicking..." Leanna said.

"Whoa, how are you guys doing?" Cameron asked. "I've been doing the same damn thing for like, the past... I don't even know anymore."

"Okay, Brianna, I got your back, okay?" Skylar said.

"Hold on, why can I only hear Leanna's voice from Brianna's communicator? I know Brianna's on speaker mode but..." I felt around my pockets. "Oh, NO."