Chapter 34

~Jack

"Fuck this," I grumbled, slinging my bag strap over my shoulder. "I'll just go catch up to the rest of my team. And I also need to get some ammo from Cameron. That clone can go fuck itself."

"Yes, let's all bond over this mutual pissiness over the clone that ran away in the middle of a battle," Iris cheerfully said.

"Jackson," Skylar said over the communicator. "You did a good thing, staying back to try to take out the clone. There's nobody at the broken helicopter scene. Gah, damn it. This trek was all for nothing."

"So where should we meet?" I asked.

"I dunno, but you need more ammo, right? Cameron, where should we meet?" Skylar asked.

"I guess my base would be a good location to meet at. You guys are relatively close, right?" Cameron said.

"Yeah, we are," I said.

"Alright, Skylar's team can meet here. Leanna, you'll need to escort Jackson because he's out of ammo except for the energy stuff," Cameron said.

"Will do," Leanna nodded, turning to me and then turning in the direction we were going to go.

Leanna walked in front of me, and I followed behind her. Then I turned around and looked at Zephyr and Iris. Iris spotted me and gave me a questioning look. I raised my eyebrows up and down with an idiotic smile on my face, pointing at Zephyr. She stuck out the middle finger at me. I laughed. "Hurry up, Jack!" Leanna snapped, pulling me towards her.

I held in the urge to continue laughing, and instead dug through my bag and pulled out chocolate filled bread. "Fuck yeah," I whispered to myself as I stuffed it in my mouth and chewed.

Leanna gave me a weird look, but then spotted the bread in my bag. "Oh my gosh, can I have some?" she asked.

Hiding the reluctance I had, I pulled out some bread and gave it to her. "Here."

Leanna squealed, and with a mouthful, said, "Thank you!"

She swallowed the bread and elbowed me in the head, causing me to fall down. She kneeled down. "What the fuck was that for?!" I whined.

She didn't answer, and I heard an explosion behind me. "Bomb bullets," Leanna said. "They're dangerous."

She stood up and pulled me up, running towards Cameron's base. "Almost there," Leanna panted.

I wanted to shoot a few enemies down, but then realized I was still out of ammo. I groaned. "I'm at the base. You guys almost there?" Cameron asked.

"Yeah," Leanna said, whacking some enemies in the head with her giant hammer. "Nearly there."

She struck a few more enemies out of the way and we continued running to the base. "Oh, shit!" Cameron yelled. "No no no no no!"

"Cameron, what's up?" I asked, jogging behind Leanna.

"Uh, basically," Cameron weakly said. "The clone took the antimatter supply."

"What the fuck," Leanna remarked.

"I was trying to defend the supply, and I blocked an attack, but he overpowered me despite the fact that I shot him with some energy beams..." Cameron groaned. "He took the fucking supply to recharge himself..."

"Damn it," I muttered. "I thought weakening it helped. And yet it was still able to escape... it's like it wasn't weakened in the first place."

"This fucking sucks," Leanna muttered. "Alright, we're here."