Chapter 13

"So Cameron has taken a life before, and he doesn't want to do that again," I said to Zephyr.

 "Yeah," Zephyr replied. "It's honestly pretty eerie when I think about it. The taking of another life. Although you already encountered that more than the entire team with the whole... Adam thing."

 "It still scares me, just a bit though. I don't know what's intimidating about Adam. I could kick his ass anyday. Maybe it's his resolute," I said, my voice faltering when thinking about Adam's mind. "I wonder what Cameron was thinking back then. I'd really like to know."

 "Just hope he tells us sooner or later," Zephyr said. "If we even want to know."

 "Yeah..." I agreed. "Let's head to the cafeteria. The rest of our team is still training for the sub leader rank test, so hopefully Jack and Will are on lunch break."

 "Wait, are we going to train more right after lunch?" Zephyr asked.

 "Hell no, I don't want any of us throwing up more puke than punches," I laughed.

 We made our way to the cafeteria, and sure enough, Jack and Will were sitting at a table. It was a different table from usual, though. Usually they sat with their fellow computer techies, but this time the table they were sitting at was more isolated. No one else was on the table. Zephyr and I got our food and walked over to Jackson and William's table. "Hey guys!" I greeted them, and Zephyr gave them a small wave with his other hand in his pocket.

 "Oh, hey," Jackson said.

 "Hi..." William sighed, shoving food in his mouth.

 "What's wrong?" I asked.

 "Oh, speaking of what's wrong, Will, what did you want to talk about?" Jackson questioned.

 William quickly swallowed his food and gulped down half a glass of water. "Uh, I guess I could tell you guys later. I think I can trust you guys but... there's too many people around," William said.

 "Okay," Zephyr said, chewing on food as my phone vibrated. "Oh, Iris, what's up?"

 I quickly took out my phone and opened the text. "Oh, it's from Reed," I said. The text said: Help, Brianna kissed me on the cheek but I can't tell if Skylar is flirting with me or being friendly!!

 I snorted. What an idiot. I texted back: If you're worried about Skylar possibly flirting with you then that means you're self aware around her. As for Brianna... lol good luck.

 "What're you laughing about?" Jackson asked. "If you're flirting with someone your boyfriend's gonna get pissed."

 "Jackass, you know I don't do flirting," I laughed. "And Zephyr's not my boyfriend."

 "Who told you I was talking about Zephyr?" Jackson smirked.

 "Oh, I do flirting!" Zephyr chimed in, then leaning towards me and whispering, "Especially against walls."

 "Zephyr, shut up," I said. "Oh, and Jackson, you suck."

 "You suck dick," Jackson countered.

 "You guys are idiots," William laughed. I received another text from Reed. It said: Uh, self aware around Skylar? Is that a bad thing... and really? Just "lol good luck?" Thanks...?

 "Okay seriously though, who are you texting?" Jackson asked.

 "Reed," I sighed. "Believe it or not, the big social thinker of the group has his own social problems too."

 "Is it a love triangle?" William pried.

 "Wait, how did you know?!" I shrieked.

 "Wait what, I was right? I was kidding!" William cackled.