III - Join The Apocalypse Bandwagon!

"Hargreeves. You have a visitor." One of the probation orderlies pointed to Diego, gesturing for him to follow.

"Who?" Diego frowned. He didn't know anyone in Texas, apart from his crazy psych partner, Lila.

The orderly shrugged his shoulders and folded his arms. "I ain't your secretary."

Lila sat beside Diego, looking at him with a glare. "Maybe Daddy finally came to say 'I love you'." She said said sarcastically, tapping Diego on the back. Diego spent most of their group counselling sessions discussing Reginald's terrible parenting, therefore Lila was fairly familiar with his history. The woman had lots of dark makeup under her eyes and her hair was as tangled as a bird's nest.

"Piss off

"Piss off." Diego snapped, mocking Lila's British accent, before standing up and leaving the room. He followed the corridor to the visitor's room with two guards closely behind him, his cogs firing into action as he wondered who was going to be waiting for him. As he turned the corner, he saw a familiar young boy sitting at the table, grinning.

"Five." Diego sighed, smiling at his adoptive brother.

"Hey, Diego." Number Five said lowly. "You look good in white." He gestured at the institute uniform that Diego was wearing.

Diego pulled the chair out, listening to it scrape against the linoleum floor. "About time you showed up."

Number Five lifted his chin, looking at Diego down the bridge of his nose. He was oozing confidence and arrogance. "How'd you know I'd be back?"

"Because that's the kind of shit you pull." Diego retorted quickly, leaning forward slightly despite his wrists being cuffed together underneath the table.

"Where are the others? Where's Eight?" Number Five asked directly, cutting to the chase.

Diego lifted an eyebrow. "They're not with you?"

Number Five's face dropped slightly, his hopes shattered ever so slightly. "We'll find them." He muttered softly. "How long have you been here?"

"Eleven months. Landed in the alley behind Commerce and Knox." Diego said, though Number Five had already finished the end of his sentence.

"Commerce and Knox. Yeah." He nodded his head, realising that Elliot's findings may have actually contained some element of truth.

"You?" Diego asked.

"I got here this morning."

"How'd you find me?" Diego asked, tapping his feet nervously.

Number Five scoffed lightly before pulling out the newspaper from his pocket. He unravelled it before showing the mugshot to Diego, who simply sighed and rolled his eyes. "Page sixteen. 'Disturbed man with multiple knives arrested outside 1026 N. Beckley'. That's Lee Harvey Oswald's house. Care to explain?" Number Five grimaced.