X - Cupboards Are Made For Kissing

"My God, do I feel out of place." Number Eight mumbled as she, Number Five, Diego and Lila crouched behind an old-fashioned Rolls-Royce motor. In order to not look out of place at the gala, she had been shoved into one of Lila's red satin dresses. Even Diego had put on a suit, despite it being too big for him. Number Five, on the other hand, remained in the uniform.

"At least you look the part!" Lila chirped, mirroring Number Eight's red dress with a turquoise one.

Number Eight chuckled to herself. "Yeah, there's that, but turns out you're a bit smaller than me, Lila. I can't breathe." She groaned, feeling the claustrophobic material smothering her chest.

Floods of overdressed, pompous individuals were totting into the consulate, each of them emerging from a posh car with its own driver.

"So, what's the plan?" Lila asked, tapping Diego on the shoulder.

"I don't know but make it quick. Crouching in these heels is brutal on my feet." Number Eight grumbled, placing her hands on Number Five's arms to keep herself up. He grasped onto her arms tightly, supporting her.

"We infiltrate, we identify, we extract. Double time." Diego said, his voice soft. He began looking around him, looking for a safe route into the consulate where they wouldn't be spotted.

Lila looked between Number Five and Number Eight, her expression blank. "What the hell is he talking about?"

"Find the old man and get out fast." Number Five translated Diego's overly complicated instructions.

Diego spun around, shooting Number Five an obvious look. "I just said that. Follow me." He said, before standing up and moving to the next car.

"After you." Lila said to Number Five, who simply glared at her. "What, I can't be polite?"

"Cut the crap." Number Five hissed. "All right? My dimwitted adoptive brother might buy your bullshit, but I don't trust you for a second." Number Eight watched Lila closely, noticing that she never flinched a muscle.

"O ye of little faith

"O ye of little faith." Lila began to grin at Number Five.

"Stick it up your ass." He retorted, gesturing for her to follow Diego.

Lila crouched behind the next car with Diego whilst Number Eight and Number Five hung back for a brief moment.

"You're right. I don't think we can trust her. I'm picking up a weird aura." Number Eight whispered in Number Five's ear. "My powers have been sensing something strange from the second we met her."

Number Five looked at her proudly, happy to hear that his theory was on the right track. "Okay, keep that in the back of your mind. Let's go find Reginald." He said before the pair began to follow Diego and Lila once again.

As they entered the front door of the consulate, the group was thrust into a thriving atmosphere of opulent and lavish personalities. Gold, ornate lamps hung from the engraved ceilings and textured wallpaper coated the walls.