VIII - Why The Hell Are We In A Cornfield?

Diego yelled at the top of his lungs whilst Lila attempted to patch up his wound with a soldering iron. His eyes watered as pain seared throughout his abdomen, causing him to wince whilst the iron burnt his skin

"Shh! Don't move, this thing is very finicky." Lila condemned, dabbing away blood with a small cotton wipe.

"What happened?" Diego muttered, his voice hitched with the pain.

Number Eight leant over his body so that her face was in his view. "She saved your stupid life, moron. We all did."

Diego frowned, looking directly at Lila. "Were you following me?"

She looked at him with a deadpan expression. "Uh, hey, how about a little gratitude, knife boy. If it wasn't for me, you'd be dead. That's twice now, by the way."

Suddenly, Diego became very aware that he had only a towel covering his waist, and that the rest of his body was completely naked. "What the hell happened to my clothes?" He began to sit up, causing Lila to panic.

"I said don't move!" She yelled, pushing the soldering iron against the skin of is abdomen. Diego shrieked in pain before collapsing back onto the sofa.

Number Eight rolled her eyes. "He's such a princess."

"Oh, he's not dead." Number Five shrugged as he entered the room, looking over Diego's state.

"Disappointed?" Lila asked, cocking an eyebrow.

Number Five exhaled. "Oh, to see you? Always."

"So much hostility in such a tiny package. Did you cut yourself shaving?" She asked, noticing the wound on Number Five's neck. "I could teach you to shave like a big boy."

Number Eight scoffed. "We ran into an old family friend..."

"Hey, we got one!" Elliot yelled as an alarm blared throughout the next room. "One of those machines you asked for is going crazy." Elliot yelled to Number Five, who came bolting into the room with Number Eight closely behind.

"Which one?" Asked Number Five, looking over Elliot's shoulder.

"It's the, uh, atmospheric radar." Elliot stared at the computer screen.

Number Five sighed, relieved. "Good."

"I don't get it. What are we tracking?" Number Eight asked, struggling to understand what she was looking at.

"A hurricane? A thunderstorm?" Elliot asked, before he realised what Number Five was looking for.

"Sound waves." He and Number Five said simultaneously, only confusing Number Eight even more.

She groaned. "Can someone please explain what is going on?"

Number Five simply grabbed her wrist and blinked out of the room, leaving Elliot abandoned.

"Wait, wh-? Where are you going?" He asked, though the pair had already disappeared. "Okay, bye."

***

"Five, I'm all for sustainable sustenance, but why the hell are we in a cornfield?" Number Eight asked, blades of grass ticking his legs as she followed Number Five. "You know, I hate when you do this. Get an idea into your head, drag me along with you but never tell me what the hell is happening." She huffed.

"Just wait." He snapped, before separating two tall corn stalks that were before him. There, in front of the pair, was Viktor, hiding behind the tall stalks. He almost liked frightened to see them.