XXX - I Don't Think We're In Dallas Any More...

"Herb. Dot. Good to see you." Number Five said as he and his family approached the two Commission workers who were walking across the farm grounds, each of them stepping over the dead bodies of their colleagues.

"Sup, Herbie!" Diego grinned at Herb, before the two became involved in an intricate handshake. "Good to see you guys."

Number Eight frowned upon the interaction, confused. "Wow, you two are... close."

Herb chuckled. "I can't believe it." He said, looking around the field and the scattered bodies. "Is she...?"

"Really dead this time?" Number Five finished Herb's sentence. "Oh yeah. Now that The Handler's gone, what happens to the Commission?"

Herb chuckled awkwardly, trying to piece a sentence together. He stuttered and stammered as he placed his thoughts together.

"Just tell them!" Dot placed a gloved hand on Herb's shoulder supportively, grinning at the short man.

"Well-we need to elect a new board of directors." Herb began.

Number Eight grimaced, gritting her teeth together

Number Eight grimaced, gritting her teeth together. "Oh, yeah, sorry about that."

Herb chuckled, shaking his head. "That's okay. Everybody knows you now. Until we can re-elect, I've, well... I've been voted in as acting chairperson." He said proudly. Dot clapped in celebration, giving Herb a small celebratory hug.

"No shit!" Diego exclaimed. "Congrats, Herbie. That's huge."

"I'm so god damn nervous." Herb replied with a shaky breath, though he still hard a large grin on his face.

Klaus clapped from the crowd. "I don't know you, little man, but I'm sure you will do great!"

"Oh, thank you." Herb couldn't help but smile, despite Klaus being a complete stranger to him.

Number Five nodded, knowing that he had to ask Herb for something, but he didn't want to dampen his good news. "Herb, we need a favour."

"Oh, sure, anything." Herb agreed eagerly.

"A briefcase. To get back home, where we belong." Number Five explained.

Herb and Dot nodded before turning on their heels, analysing the field that they stood in.

"Take your pick." Herb gesturing his hand to the field full of dead Commission workers and their accompanying briefcases.

***

"Everyone ready?" Number Five asked as he began to dial their desired date into the briefcase lock. The family members had said goodbye to who they needed to. Viktor to Sissy, Allison to Raymond, Klaus to his cult.

"Let's do it, yeah." Luther nodded.

Diego agreed. "Let's go."

Number Eight looked between Viktor and Allison, knowing that they were the two who were losing the most by leaving Dallas. They were holding each other's hands tightly with tears in their eyes, but they were ready to go back to 2019. They nodded simultaneously.