XIV - Daddy Dearest

Number Five pulled out a slip of paper from his pocket, handing it to Number Eight tentatively. "Looks like this is the place."

Number Eight's eyes scanned the invitation, rereading the words for the hundredth time.

To my pursuers,

I, Reginald Hargreeves, request the pleasure of your company for a light supper on the 20th of November 1963, at half past seven o'clock.

1624 Magnolia Street. Dallas. Texas

"This is it." Number Eight agreed, looking up at the towering building that loomed before them. "What do you think he wants from us?"

Number Five shrugged his shoulders. "I have no idea. Let's go." He said, gesturing for Number Eight to follow him as he entered the building. It was of lavish furnishings, with pretentious paintings hanging from the walls and bundles of crystal white furniture.

After patiently waiting for it to reach their floor, the pair walked into the slightly claustrophobic elevator, watching the automatic doors close. Before they could fully seal, a hand stopped them.

"Wait up." Much to Number Five and Number Eight's surprise, Diego stepped into the elevator, wearing an orange button down shirt.

"Hold it!" Said another voice, as Allison stepped into the elevator, confused upon seeing the other members of her family.

"Hey everyone." Klaus sang, walking into the elevator with a hip flask in his hand. Viktor followed closely behind, offering his family a small smile.

"Excuse me." Luther said, being the final person to step into the elevator. Not only was he the last, but he was the biggest, therefore meaning that the rest of the family were squished against one another.

Number Five chuckled lightly. "Good, we're all here." The elevator pinged as the doors shut, encapsulating the whole family in the tiny space.

As the elevator began to rise, Allison's face began to contort due to an awful smell. "Oh..." She groaned, placing the collar of her cardigan over her nose.

"Oof." Number Five and Viktor groaned, holding their fingers over their faces.

"Oh... Luther." Klaus scolded, his mouth becoming downturned. Diego couldn't help but giggle in the corner of the elevator.

Number Eight winced

Number Eight winced. "Jesus Christ, Luther, what the hell did you eat?" She gagged, nuzzling her face in Number Five's shoulder to try and block the smell.

"Sorry, I'm nervous." Luther said simply, his eyebrows lifting as he frowned.

Thankfully, the lift doors opened not much later, allowing the family to tumble out at an unexpected velocity.

"Nasty. I'm choking!" Number Five said, barging his way out of the double doors.

"No more of that!" Klaus darted past Luther, taking a deep inhale of non-polluted air.