XXV - An Axe-Happy Accomplice

"I love the smell of that fresh country air, don't you darling?" The Handler spoke, her eyes never leaving Number Five, Number Eight and Diego who approached her at a forceful speed.

"Makes me want to vomit." Lila replied bitterly, her arms folded across her chest.

Number Five sighed

Number Five sighed. "What do you want?" He glared at the mother and daughter, wishing they would simply vanish from existence. Alas, here they were, once again.

"To watch you suffer." Lila smirked sarcastically, only angering Number Eight even more.

"What about me?" Diego asked.

Lila turned her head to look at him, before darting her eyes up and down his body in disgust. "You're not even worth my wrath."

"Oh, you're a bitch." Number Eight scoffed, rolling her eyes. She had never trusted Lila, but using Diego the way that she did was a whole new level of low.

"Easy." The Handler tutted, looking between the two young women. "We're here on official business."

Number Five cocked his head as a loud clap of thunder erupted from behind them. "And what business is that?"

"As the head of the Commission, I've decided to eliminate the criminals responsible for the assassination of the former board of directors." The Handler replied with a smarmy tone in her voice.

Diego chuckled to himself. "Yeah, right. We didn't kill the board."

"Uh, actually, Diego, that's not entirely accurate." Number Eight said through gritted teeth, glancing her eyes towards her axe-happy accomplice.

The Handler raised her eyebrows, looking between the two teenagers of whom she loathed so much. "Oh, you didn't tell them."

"Five, Eight, what the hell did you do?" Diego asked, his features beginning to form a frown.

"We did what we had to do to get our family home. Until somebody reneged our deal." Number Five snarled at The Handler, who stood proudly, grasping a briefcase tightly in her hand.

"Somebody wouldn't have reneged if somebody could've met a simple deadline. Alas." The woman shrugged her shoulders, only enraging Number Five and Number Eight even more.

Number Eight exhaled deeply. "Hm, you set us up to fail."

"You set yourselves up to fail, my dear. You and your family. Kind of the running theme of your little lives, isn't it?" The Handler chuckled. Luther, Klaus and Allison has begun to approach the group, trying to listen in on what was being said.

"Which do you think is the girlfriend?" Luther asked innocently, looking between Lila and The Handler. He earned a blank expression from Klaus and an eye roll from Allison.