V - The Dynamic Duo Is Back

"Eight, Elliot. Elliot, this is Eight. Don't be weird." Number Five said simply, introducing the pair. Elliot shook Number Eight's hand eagerly, making her eyebrow raise and her eyes widen.

"Hi there." Number Eight said, slightly discomforted by Elliot's hyperactive behaviour. He was analysing her as though she was a test subject.

"I can't believe there's more of you..." Elliot replied, releasing his tight grip on her hand. "I mean, your hair is white, the blue eyes..."

Number Five frowned. "Okay, okay, that's enough. You're being weird, which I just told you not to do. Anyway, did you develop these photos yourself?" Number Five asked Elliot, looking closely at the photos of his family that were on the wall.

"Of course. Can't exactly drop that stuff off at the neighbourhood Fotomat. Government has eyes everywhere." Elliot laughed, grabbing himself a bowl of cereal from the kitchen counter.

Number Eight looked the photos up and down, noticing that each one was of an individual member of her family, including one of herself. "What the-Elliot why have you got photos of me and my family?" She asked, looking the man up and down.

Elliot looked at her innocently and he was, quite frankly, scared of her.

"Eight, it's fine. He's helping us. He's been tracking our arrivals here for the past three years. The rest of the family are alive. We've just got to find them." Number Five explained, his eyes darting around the black and white photographs. "Elliot, I didn't see a darkroom?"

"Yeah, I converted the hallway closet." Elliot scoffed, shoving a large mouthful of Corn Flakes into his mouth.

"Can you develop this?" Number Five questioned, passing the Frankel Footage cassette tape to Elliot.

"Huh. 'Frankel Footage'. Friends of yours?" Elliot questioned.

Number Eight chuckled. "Mhm, cousins on our robot mother's side." She smirked, before her face dropped to complete seriousness. "Can you do it or not?"

Elliot flinched slightly at her aggressive tone. "Sure I can."

"How long?" Asked Number Five.

Elliot began to pace. "Well, I mean, I'm running low on acetic acid. Beeker's Cameras is open today but, it's two miles away. I mean, I'd have to take the bus. On the other hand, Gibson's is only ten blocks away, but I've got to cut through the park, and there are pigeons-"

"Elliot." Number Five interrupted, trying to regain the man's attention.

"It's like five, maybe six hours." Elliot said, before a crackling police announcement erupted from the stereo, catching the attention of Number Five and Number Eight.

"Attention all units, we have a code 3-15 at the Holbrook Sanitarium."

"What the hell is a code 3-15?" Number Eight asked, folding her arms with a frown.

Elliot gasped, excited that he knew the answer. "Mm, fugitives on the run."

"Twenty-five patients still at large. Many are considered armed and dangerous." 

Number Five groaned. "Oh, Diego."

"Diego?" Number Eight asked, questioning why he was linked to Holbrook Sanitarium.

Elliot leaned closer to Number Five, trying to hear the announcement better. "Oh, who's Diego?"

Number Five squinted, formulating the perfect response. "Imagine Batman, then aim lower. You get started on that film. We'll be back as soon as we can. Eight, come on." She reached out his hand for Number Eight, who was slightly sceptical.