XI - Hell Yeah, A Family Meeting

"No, no, no. I don't understand. They keep following me." Diego protested, pacing back and forth in the kitchen.

"Wait, who?" Luther asked, stirring a pan full of scrambled eggs on top of Elliot's stove.

Number Eight frowned. "Wait, wait. Before we get rambling about Diego's heroic tale, Luther, how did you even get here?" She asked, broaching the subject that nobody had mentioned yet.

Luther shrugged his large shoulders and sighed. "I've been thrown out by my landlord, Phil. He said that I'm on Mr Ruby's hit list and he doesn't want to be on it too, or whatever. I came here, to Elliot's store, looking for Five, but I was told that he had gone out with you and Diego. Anyway, Diego, who?"

"Those Dutch sociopaths!" He exclaimed in response.

"They're Swedish, you idiot." Number Five and Number Eight said in unison, shooting each other a proud look. They were much too similar.

"They're hired guns paid to eradicate us before we do any more damage to this timeline." Number Five explained, leaning his body forward as he spoke.

Diego paused for a moment. "Yeah, but why now? I mean, I was fine for three months until you showed up, Five."

"Yeah, I was here for a year and no one messed with me." Luther rolled his eyes, before returning to his scrambled eggs. Number Eight looked at them sceptically, concerned by their borderline radioactive yellow colour.

Number Five sighed loudly. "Even if it was my fault, which it isn't, we only have six days before the end of the world, and the closest anyone's got to Dad was that driveway at the consulate."

"Well... that's not exactly true." Luther said quietly, briefly lifting his head from the stove.

"Luther, what do you mean?" Number Eight raised an eyebrow, not surprised that he had been withholding the truth about Reginald.

Luther's eyes widened as if he had been caught in a lie. "I saw him. I got on a bus and went back home. I tried to tell Dad about us and that he adopted us in 89', but he didn't believe me, said he had a deep disliking for children. He thought I was with the CIA or KGB, spying on him. He told me to leave as I was irritating and apparently had bad personal hygiene."

Diego stifled a laugh. "That's pathetic."

"Yeah, well, at least he didn't shank my ass." Luther bickered, sticking a fork into his eggs and sitting down at the dining table with Diego, Number Eight and Number Five.

"No, bro, he shanked your heart." Diego retorted, squinting his eyes.

Elliot soon walked into the kitchen, frowning at Luther

Elliot soon walked into the kitchen, frowning at Luther. "Is that my bathrobe?"

Luther looked down at the robe he was wearing, noticing it's very petite fit on his oversized frame. "Uh... no?"