XV - Is She Always Like This? So... Audacious?

"You seem to be the sensible one of the bunch." Sir Hargreeves looked at Number Five with an intense glare. "And you, you speak your mind." Reginald pointed to Number Eight, who scoffed. Of course she spoke her mind; she was raised by an egotistical sociopath.

"That's because I'm the oldest." Number Five replied, making his voice heard over the island music that was playing softly through an old speaker. "You know, technically, I'm older than you right now." Number Five sipped from his glass, looking at Reginald sceptically.

The man paused for a second, glancing between Number Eight and Number Five. "Cognac?"

"Just a smidge." Number Five grinned.

Number Eight, who was still agitated, refused to speak to Reginald. Instead, she simply held her glass out in his direction, implying she wanted the alcohol.

"The other night, you quoted Homer at me. Why?" Reginald asked, his lips forming a tight smile. He was referring to Number Five's last ditch attempt to get Reginald's attention at the consulate gala when he recited the opening of Homer's Odyssey in Ancient Greek.

 He was referring to Number Five's last ditch attempt to get Reginald's attention at the consulate gala when he recited the opening of Homer's Odyssey in Ancient Greek

"You forced us all to learn it as kids. In Ancient Greek, no less." Number Five scoffed lightly. Two glasses were placed in front of Number Five and Number Eight, the bartender giving them a firm nod as he did so. He was slightly confused as to how two schoolchildren were drinking Cognac, though kept his thoughts to himself.

Number Eight couldn't look Reginald in the eye. Her mind kept replaying the moment that he belittled Diego to such an extent that it resulted in tears. He was a bitter old man when he adopted them and he was still a bitter, though younger, man in 1963. She rolled her eyes, her thoughts debating with one another.

"This world ends in five days if we don't get out of the timeline." Number Five stated, looking at Reginald with almost hope in his eyes, though, he knew Reginald well. He wasn't exactly expecting help.

"Worlds end. Paleozoic, Jurassic, and so on." Reginald shrugged his shoulders, earning a scowl from Number Eight. She shouldn't have been surprised that he could brush off the end of the world so easily.

Number Five shook his head, placing his glass down on the bar top. "We can do something about this one." He said passionately, sensing Reginald's disregard to his ideologies.

"Man's greatest flaw: the illusion of control." Reginald said bluntly, his eyes focusing in a sharp stare upon Number Five. Number Eight listened intently from the sidelines, watching Reginald's cold and harsh expression never change.

"We need your help." Number Five sighed, hating to admit the fact that he couldn't solve this alone. "All right? You're my last sane option. Otherwise, I've got to make a deal that I really don't want to make." He gulped, swallowing the lump that had formed in his throat. The boy was pondering The Handler's proposal of killing the board of directors, but he didn't know if he was prepared to fully lose his mind yet. "What do you know about time travel?"