XVIII - You're Just Not As Scary As You Think You Are, Five

"We have to find the others, all right? Luther, you get Allison." Number Five instructed, formulating a plan.

"Okay." Luther nodded eagerly, rubbing the palms of his hands together.

Number Five next pointed to Diego. "Diego, you get Klaus. Eight and I will get Viktor. Now, we meet back in the arrival alley in seventy seven minutes."

"Okay, let's do this." Luther wrapped a spare watch around his wrist, keeping a close eye on the time.

"Woah, woah, woah, hold on. You two show up drenched in blood and expect us to believe everything's going to go back to normal if we go back home now?" Diego asked, his hands fumbling uneasily.

Number Eight scoffed. "Yes, Diego. That's exactly what we expect. Wouldn't say it if not."

"Elliot just got killed because of us." Number Five gestured to Elliot's body that was covered by the sheet.

"What about Dad? What about JFK?" Diego asked, his expression growing softer as he took a few steps towards the teens.

"What about them?" Number Eight frowned

"What about them?" Number Eight frowned. "Diego, we have a chance to go home and make things right. We're taking it." She squinted at Number Two, her expression intimidating and cold.

Diego paused for a moment, shaking his head. "I have to say goodbye to Lila."

Number Five held his hands out by his sides in disbelief. "Lila doesn't give a shit about you, Diego! She never did. She's one of them. She's a member of the Commission." He began to rant, struggling to comprehend his adoptive brother's idiocy.

"No way. Not possible." Diego was in denial, shaking his head back and forth.

"Oh come on, Diego, don't be so naive. She was using you the whole time to get to him!" Number Eight exclaimed, pointing towards Number Five. It was clear that the impending time restrictions they were facing were exaggerating her stress levels.

"You don't know what you're talking about." Diego muttered.

Frustrated, Number Five blinked directly in front of the man, pointing a finger underneath his chin. "If you don't do this, I'll kill you myself. Got it?" The boy threatened, never breaking eye contact with Diego.

Without another word, Number Five took Number Eight's hand and blinked out of the apartment.

***

"He's there! Stop the car!" Number Eight gasped, pointing out of the car window to a passing teal vehicle. Number Five and Viktor made eye contact across the road, each of them looking at one another as though they had seen a ghost. Both cars skidded across the gravel road, allowing the smell of burning rubber to fill the atmosphere.