XIII - The Bitch Is Back

The sound of a train rumbling across its tracks echoed around Number Five and Number Eight, who were stealthily following Lila. The train horn blew loudly, causing the ground to shake underneath their feet. Their eyes followed Lila, who broke into an abandoned warehouse by smashing in one of the windows with a plank of wood.

"What the hell is she doing?" Number Eight whispered, her eyes fixated on the dark-haired woman.

Number Five shook his head, his teeth gritted and eyes squinted. "I have no idea. But we're going to find out. Come on." He said, heading towards the warehouse with a crouched stance. Number Eight followed him, peering through one of the cracked window panes.

"Hm, I can't see her." She muttered, frustrated.

Number Five took her hand and blinked inside the building, landing directly behind a running Lila. She stopped dead in her tracks, turning around to see a smirking pair of teenagers.

"What's your game, crazy lady?" Number Five asked, arrogance manifesting from his ethos. He stood with his weight on one leg, his hands in his pockets and his signature smirk on his face. Cocky, some would call it.

"Hi." She grinned. "Who cares? You said if you ever saw me again, you'd kill me." Lila looked at the pair with wide eyes. She forever had the taunting grin on her face, the corners of her lips creeping further and further upwards.

Number Five hummed

Number Five hummed. "Oh, I remember."

"Well, come on, big talker. Let's get this done. I'll even let you off for bringing back up. Two against one and I'll still win." She replied, her aura cocky and over-confident.

"All right." Number Eight cracked one side of her neck, before instantly throwing a punch at Lila's nose, feeling it snap underneath her knuckles. "Aw, you're so slow." She taunted, sticking her tongue out at the bleeding Lila.

Number Five blinked behind Lila, managing to strike her ankles, though he did get kicked in the chin. He groaned as he stumbled to the ground, allowing Lila time to flee from the scene. He chased her for a short amount of time, before blinking directly in front of her, cutting her off.

"Sorry, you can't outsmart me." He shrugged his shoulders, before kicking her in the stomach, shortly followed by a strike to her head. Lila, despite not being as advanced as Number Five, managed to hit him several times as well as avoid his strikes. The pair ducked, hit and kicked one another whilst Number Eight watched in amusement.

She approached the brawling pair slowly, eyeing up their competitive fighting skills as she went. "Lila, you might as well give up now. You're not going to win." She smirked, feeling Lila's glaring eyes burn holes through her skin.

Lila, in retaliation, punched Number Five across the face, catching his jaw harshly as she did so.

"Oh, no, bitch. No one touches his face. That's my job." Number Eight growled, feeling a powerful energy course through her veins. With a cocky grin, Number Eight wrapped her hand around Lila's neck, feeling her skin glow with a golden hue. "Sweet dreams." She whispered as Lila's eyes glazed over. Number Eight's powers had a strong grip on Lila's soul.