XXVI - You Can't Hallucinate The Hallucinator

Number Five and Number Eight hid underneath an old oak table, hugging their own bodies tightly in the brace position. Each and every window of the farmhouse shattered as they were impacted by bullets. Shards of glass clattered across the floor and strips of curtain material began to billow through the room.

"Eight, keep your head covered!" Number Five said with a panicked yell. Electricity sparks littered themselves throughout the kitchen, causing the teenagers to wince at the impact.

Each member of the Umbrella Academy was compromised... and, scared. Luther was tightly hugging Klaus, who was suffering from a PTSD attack after his time in the war. Klaus pressed his flat hands against his ears tightly, scrunching his eyes up tightly and trying his best to think of his happiest moments. Allison was grasping Luther's arm tightly, only able to think about Raymond and Claire. Diego was quivering behind an old tractor tyre, pondering over Lila's betrayal.

Suddenly, a large thrumming could be heard from outside of the farmhouse over the sounds of the ricocheting bullets.

"Don't look out of that window unless you want a bullet in your head!" Number Five yelled over the sound, curling up his body into a small ball.

"I don't need to!" Number Eight shouted in response, her voice cracking as she did so. "It's Viktor. I can tell it is Viktor." She said quietly, placing her trembling hands back over the top of her head.

Just as Number Eight expected, Viktor was using his powers to fly out of the barn and face the army of Commission workers

Just as Number Eight expected, Viktor was using his powers to fly out of the barn and face the army of Commission workers. His skin was drip-white and he was emanating a sapphire glow, as he always did when he used his powers. After channelling all of the available energy from the farm, Viktor projected the energy beam onto the Commission, causing each and every one of them to collapse to the ground. All of them, except for The Handler and Lila.

The Umbrella Academy members each began to relax and peer around their surroundings as they heard the bullets cease their shooting. Wind whistled gently through the air as the group were panting for breath.

"It's over." Number Eight said quietly, stretching out her cramped body as she slowly stood up from underneath the table.

Number Five's mouth hung open as he peered through the pane of glass. There, in the centre of the field, in and amongst piles of dead bodies, were The Handler and Lila. They were completely untouched, and surrounded by a pulsing, blue energy shield.