IX - Chips and Coffee (Or Hot Chocolate)

"You think Viktor is going to be okay in there with Luther? Maybe we should have gone in with him." Number Eight sighed, sat in the passenger seat. She and Number Five were waiting in the car outside of Luther's apartment whilst Viktor tried to get him on board with stopping the apocalypse. 

"We already tried to convince Luther, but you know what he's like, he's an idiot. Viktor might have more luck. I doubt it, but he might." Number Five shrugged his shoulders, looking out of the car window.

Number Eight lulled her head back so that it hit the restraint softly

Number Eight lulled her head back so that it hit the restraint softly. She sighed as her eyes fluttered closed, her mind busy and occupied. 

"I know you're scared, but it'll be okay." Number Five said, taking Number Eight by surprise. 

She frowned at him, noticing that he was looking at her with sympathy in his eyes. "Scared? I'm not scared." 

"Look, I'm a smart guy. I know how you feel. You've had a glimpse at the future and now you're worried that you're not going to be able to see it." He paused briefly. "We've fixed it before, we can fix it again." Number Five said, not a hint of mockery or taunting in his voice.

"No, I know. Everything will be fine, I'm sure." She gave Number Five a small smile. "Hey, Viktor is back." She pointed out of the window to see an agitated looking Viktor. The pair piled out of the car to meet Viktor outside of Luther's apartment. 

"You ready to go?" Number Eight asked, though Viktor simply barged past her angrily.

"I'm going back to the farm." Viktor grumbled, his voice barely audible.

"Hey. Unacceptable, Viktor. Remember, we need to stick together." Number Five said, following Viktor closely, not willing to let him give up.

Viktor scoffed. "Oh, why, so I don't end the world again?"

Number Eight sighed, looking up at the window of Luther's apartment. She knew that he would open his big mouth. "Oh, you stupid..."

"Were you even going to tell me?" Viktor asked, looking between Number Five and Number Eight with frustration in his eyes. 

"You know what? In our defence, no. All right? And can you blame us? When you... you get angry, shit blows up." Number Five fumbled.

Viktor scoffed and rolled his eyes. "Great. Are there any other family secrets you failed to mention?" He said before getting into the car and slamming the driver side door.

"A boatload, Viktor, which I don't have the luxury of sharing them with the-" Number Five began to yell, frustrated, but stopped suddenly.

Number Eight was giving him a certain look that he was unable to avoid. Her arms were folded, and a single eyebrow raised cockily. She was telling him to calm down without saying a word.

Number Five sighed in defeat before knocking on the car window, attracting Viktor's attention. Viktor rolled down the window without so much as glancing at Number Five. "The clock is ticking on doomsday. Just tell me that when I need you, you'll be ready." Number Five said, his voice desperate.