SS.1 - Ignorance

After my encounter with Ichinose and her friends at the convenience store, I arrived back at the dormitory.

I ate my cup noodles in my room, then I decided to rest on my bed, although I was far from feeling tired.

After a few minutes of staring at the white ceiling, I suddenly decided to check out the school's online forum. I then went to the section dedicated to the first-years.

Most were questions regarding the school, but one in particular caught my attention.

[I can't believe Ayanokouji Kiyotaka goes to our school! Has anyone seen him today, how is he like?](Anonymous User)

Seems like I can't catch a break.

This particular post was extremely popular and received plenty of comments and reactions, all of them from students who decided to hide their identity as anonymous users.

[Someone tell us too! I'm really curious!]

[He's in my class! To be honest, I think he's really cool. Many of us probably had the wrong image of him!]

[He's not in my class but I think the same!]

[Do you guys think the files about him are true?]

[I mean they definitely are true, but whether they accurately represent him is another question]

[Maybe he was just misunderstood?]

[I think we should try and get along with him XD]

[Agreed!]

[Fufufu... seems like he has already become quite the superstar]

[Should we be wary of him though? I mean, the stories about him are scary..."]

[True... but you can put all the blame on him? Look at the conditions he was in, I don't think I would've survived myself!]

[Stop taking the piss kukuku... I'm sure he's not even that scary, I could beat the **** out of him]

[What the hell is fufufu and kukuku, you creeps have weird laughs lol]

[DON'T MAKE FUN OF MY BRO]

[I'm just like Ayanokouji fr fr]

This school is fascinating... to say the least.

It hasn't been long since I've been a student at Tokyo's Advanced Nurturing High School, but I've already come to a simple conclusion regarding the students here.

They are ignorant.

The students here...

They think they know what I've been through.

They think they know what I did in the past.

They think they know about my abilities.

They think they know how I think.

They think they know everything about the Demon of the Fourth Generation.

They think they know everything about the Masterpiece of the White Room.

They think they know everything about me...

But I don't even know everything about myself.

They think they can become friends with me...

But I don't even know what friends are.

They think they can help me...

But I don't need help.

They know nothing about me. Even when they think they know everything, they still don't have a clue about who I truly am.

But that doesn't matter. What they think of me, how they think they can treat me, why they're trying to help me, it all doesn't matter.

After all, it doesn't matter how it's done. It doesn't matter what needs to be sacrificed. In this world, winning is everything. And as long as I win in the end...

That's all that matters.

********

After a while, I decided to head back out to have a walk.

I stopped by a vending machine to buy some juice, and sat on the nearby bench.

As I was about to head back, I saw a girl with long purple hair approach me. Her hair was tied in a ponytail on the right side, with bangs swept to the right side, and her eyes were purple too.

"Hey, are you Ayanokouji-kun?"

"Yes."

"Follow me, please. Somebody wants to meet you."