SS. 17 - Cupid's Favorite

I arrived at school and entered the classroom, thinking this would be a day like any other. Then, I noticed everyone staring at me. However, they were stares of hate, rather of curiosity.

Then I realized.

I looked at my desk. There was a pyramid of boxes of chocolate on it. I looked at my phone to check the date, and, indeed, it was February 14th. In other words, Valentine's Day.

"Tch. That lucky bastard."

"He has more chocolate than all of us combined."

I heard some boys whisper.

I went over to my seat. There were so many boxes that it wouldn't fit in my bag.

"Seems like someone is popular," Horikita jokingly said.

"I didn't know you would give me so many boxes, Horikita," I said.

Recently, I read a few comedic books, I've gotten a glimpse of this thing one would call humor. What an interesting concept, I must say.

"Since when were you capable of joking around? You creep me out."

"Who knows."

I picked up the boxes of chocolate. It was safe to say they were all different, which suggested they were all from different people. However, none of them had names on them. I opened them all to see if there were notes inside, but there was nothing, only chocolate. What a pain.

"Do you know who put these here, Horikita?"

"What if I did? Do you want to know?"

Kushida approached us.

"Wow, Ayanokouji! You sure are successful with the girls!" she said.

Out of the corner of my eye, I could see Horikita let out a quiet chuckle.

This will take some getting used to.

I struggled to understand the meaning of this.

Was this what they would call a prank?

"Seems like it," I replied to Kushida.

There were 10 boxes of chocolate stacked up in a triangle shape, my bag could only carry a few chocolate boxes. Homeroom was about to start, so I put some boxes in my bag and the rest on the floor.

********

Class had ended for the day. At this point, I didn't want to waste effort trying to figure out who gave me these boxes.

"Are you going to try to figure out who gave you these boxes?" Horikita asked me.

"No, I don't feel like it."

"I see."

I left the classroom with my bag and my hands full of chocolate boxes.

I ended up getting boxes of chocolate from Ichinose, Hiyori, and even Kushida, who stopped me soon after I left the classroom to hand me a box.

I now had 13 chocolates boxes. An unlucky number for rather unfortunate circumstances.

I now had even more boxes than before.

Sigh.

It would be a struggle to walk back to my room with all these boxes.

Just as I was about to leave, I heard the sound of a cane tapping the ground.

"Seems like you're Cupid's favorite, Kiyotaka."

"Arisu, don't tell me you're going to give me a box too."

"Fufufufu, I don't need to, I already did."

"One of these boxes is yours?"

"Not one. All of them, Kiyotaka."

What?

"So you bought ten boxes of chocolate and put them on my desk."

"Yes, indeed. I found it quite amusing."

I don't think amusing is the word I would've used to describe this situation.

"Why did you buy ten full boxes of chocolate?"

"Because you're a ten out of ten, Kiyotaka."

The people around us heard what Arisu said. I could hear them whisper.

"Damn, that was smooth."

"I should've done that."

"Kyaaaa!!"

"Take notes, Mako-chan!!"

"I'm going to faint."

"A lesson from none other than Sakayanagi-san!"

Sigh.

Why is it that every time I'm with Arisu, we become the center of attention?

"FUFUFUFU," I saw Arisu laughing her head off. I've never seen her laugh so much.

Her loud laugh was so disturbing that the people around us got traumatized and instantly left the scene.

********

Author's Notes

Hey!

A wholesome yet really short SS that's not really important to the story, but that I enjoyed writing nonetheless. I hope you enjoyed reading it!

Next up is Chapter 9 that will cover the last special exam of the first year!

See you then!