SS. 6 - Conflict And Reconciliation

After homeroom, Chabashira-sensei left, while most of the class could not comprehend what had just happened. They stared at me in confusion. I didn't mind them and looked out the window.

"What the hell, Ayanokouji?! You had enough points since the beginning?" Ike said.

"Why did you make us go through all that?" Yamauchi agreed.

Everyone was visibly confused. If I had enough points since the beginning, what was the point of all that? But like I said, this was some sort of experiment. An experiment to observe human behavior.

"Should I not have saved you two?" I asked them.

"No... but... that was uncalled for dude!"

"Man! You really had me pissed off!"

Right after, the teacher came and first period started.

After class ended for the day, I expected Hirata to go on the podium to give a speech.

But it seemed like he was the most broken one.

"WHAT THE HELL AYANOKOUJI!?" he visibly let out the frustration he's been holding back.

"Hirata, calm down..." Karuizawa said.

"How can I calm down?! Did you see what he did?!"

I saw him looking at me but I looked away.

"ARE YOUR CLASSMATES NOTHING MORE THAN TOYS FOR YOU?" Hirata screamed.

This is awkward.

"I said I would take care of them, right?" I silently said.

"WHAT THE HELL IS WRONG WITH YOU!?"

People in our class tried to calm him down.

"Hirata... chill..."

"Stop it, Hirata..."

"Calm down dude..."

"That time of the month again?" I heard someone mutter.

"Are you guys not feeling the same as me? How can he play around with our emotions like that as if we're nothing but dirt to him?" Hirata said.

"Ayanokouji... we all know who you are, but don't go thinking you're more powerful than the class! Took care of them? DON'T GIVE ME THAT CRAP! WHAT MAKES YOU THINK YOU CAN TOY AROUND WITH YOUR OWN CLASSMATES LIKE THAT?"

Hirata, you're a fool.

"Dude, Hirata, you're going too far," Ken said.

"Yeah, jeez," Akito said.

"HOW ARE YOU GUYS SIDING WITH HIM? DON'T YOU GUYS REALIZE WHAT HE DID?"

"Why couldn't you step in, Hirata?" I asked him.

"Me? I didn't have enough points, there was no way I co-"

"Then why are you mad at me, when you, Hirata, Class D's so-called leader, did absolutely nothing to help your classmates out? Your classmates that are apparently so valuable to you?"

"That's... I-"

What is a direct method you can use to wake someone up? Gently nudge them from side to side? Make a little bit of noise? No, you dump ice cold water on them.

Wake up Hirata. You're a weak, naive, and useless class leader.

"Are you blaming me for your own inability to take action for the class? I did what I said I would. I avoided their expulsion. How I did it doesn't change the end result. One could even say I put them back on the right track. On the other hand, what did you do? You sat back and just watched. Now, isn't that a sign of weakness for someone who wants to be a class leader? Are you foolish enough to not recognize your own incapacity and indecisiveness? Please, Hirata, think before you speak."