Chapter 4. 1 - Forecast Of The Future

In June 1st, the class rankings got updated.

Class A - 1072 cp
Class B - 1009 cp
Class C - 617 cp
Class D - 85 cp

As a result of the rankings, Class D students received 8,500 private points, which obviously wasn't that much, but significantly better than the amount received in May.

On a side note, Class D and Class B formed an informal alliance. Ichinose and Kanzaki came to visit our class soon after the midterms were over.

The next month or so completely flew by. The class moved on from what happened on the day of the midterms results and started bonding together well, and, before I knew it, the end-of-term exams passed, and it was already the middle of July.

Nobody was expelled during the semester's final exams either, although Ike and Yamauchi were dangerously close to doing so.

I had already chosen not to get involved this time, and decided to dedicate my time to help the Ayanokouji Group study like I had done for the midterms.

Chabashira-sensei also mentioned that the next change in class points will be on September 1st, meaning we will also receive 8,500 private points for the months of July and August.

Recently, I had been told that Class C attempted to set up Ken after basketball practice. Three Class C students lured him into the special building, and tried provoking him. Luckily for us, Airi was near the scene, taking some photos, and the Class C students, noticing her presence as a witness, decided to leave Ken alone. Class C might become a troublesome opponent for Class D in the future.

Airi has become quite comfortable with the Ayanokouji Group. She has become good friends with the likes of Ken and Akito, who were seemingly polar opposites of her. Thanks to her, Class D avoided what could've been a major setback.

However, after knowing about the three Class C students that tried to set up Ken, I could tell it wasn't them who planned this. Ishizaki, Komiya, and Kondou can't possibly think of doing something like this. This all seems like there was someone else pulling the strings. Class C's leader.

I asked to meet Arisu to ask her about Class C's leader. I'm sure she knows about him. Arisu wanted us to meet up at the nearby café at lunch.

When lunch came, I walked over to the café. That's when I realized something.

This café was filled with girls. The only boys that were here were all hanging out other girls. In short, no boy would dare to come here by himself. Did she decide to come here with me on purpose?

"Kiyotaka, are you trying your best to imitate a statue?"

"Oh, hey Arisu."

It seems like I was so lost in my thoughts that I was standing still at the entrance. I walked besides Arisu, when I noticed people staring at us and talking about us.

"Hey, is that Sakayanagi with Ayanokouji?"

"That's a weird combination."

"What do you mean? They look so cute together!"

I could see Arisu grinning from my peripheral vision.

After we ordered our food, we sat down at a table for two.

"Are you getting along with your classmates, Kiyotaka?" Arisu asked me.

"Yeah, I have no problems with them. In fact, they seem to have taken a liking to me."

"That's not good, Kiyotaka... they might come to hate you when you leave their class fufufu."

"They won't hate me."