SS. 13 - A Single Wish

There were only a few days left before the special exam.

I had finished doing my typical morning workout, and just came out of the shower. I looked at my room to see a message from Arisu.

Arisu

7:10 AM

[I'm coming over to your room right now]

That was unexpected. Is there something important?

I quickly changed into my school uniform before I heard a knock on my door.

I opened the door to see Arisu smiling, holding a bag.

"Can I come in?"

"Sure, what's the matter?"

Arisu looked me dead in my eyes.

"Do you seriously not know?"

"How should I know?"

"Do you know what today's date is?"

"October 20th."

Oh.

"Fufufu..." Arisu laughed to herself, "Did you forget your own birthday?"

"I didn't forget. I simply never celebrated it. To me, it is a day like any other."

"Why not celebrate it for the first time today with me? Happy birthday, Kiyotaka," she said as she showed me a bright smile and handed me the bag.

I looked inside the bag to see a box.

"Open it," she excitedly said.

I opened the box and took out what was in it.

"A necklace?"

Am I supposed to wear that?

I must say, I found the necklace quite intriguing.

The entire necklace was silver. The main part of the necklace was a chess piece, the king.

"Try it on," Arisu said while holding in her laughter.

It still had my school uniform on. I put the necklace around my neck and the king piece was hanging at the upper level of my chest, on my tie that was loosely put on.

I didn't get a chance to look at myself before Arisu took out her phone and snapped a quick photo, blushing.

"My my... You look quite good, Kiyotaka. I'll be keeping this photo for my personal collection, thank you very much," she said as she showed me her phone.

 I'll be keeping this photo for my personal collection, thank you very much," she said as she showed me her phone