Chapter 10.3 - Becoming Human

Today was finally the day of the Majority Vote Special Exam. It was almost 2 PM, and my classmates were chatting about the exam.

"Let's do this, guys!"

"Yeah, let's make the right choice."

"Remember guys, let's talk things out before voting," Hirata said.

"We have more than enough time to make the right decisions, let's take our time," Horikita agreed.

"Hello, students. I see that everyone is here," Chabashira-sensei entered the classroom.

"Everyone's ready, sensei!" Ike said.

"Good. The Majority Vote Special Exam will soon commence," she said as she turned on the projector, "When it's your turn to vote, come forward to this table and cast your vote on the computer. I assume everyone understands the rules?"

The class nodded.

"Very well. I will say this. Even us teachers don't know the questions, so we don't know how many they are nor what they're about. I'll be discovering the questions with you. If nobody has any further questions, then the exam will now begin."

The first question popped up on the blackboard.

Motion #1: Choose the class to face in the coming end of the year exam. Even in case of class change, the choice takes precedence:
• A-Class (100 points)*
• B-Class (50 points)
• C-Class (0 points)

*Extra class points for winning against that class. The order is based on the class rankings at the time of voting.

"You may now discuss amongst yourselves," Chabashira-sensei said.

"What are your thoughts, guys?" Kushida said.

"I think we should fight Class A! We need to get our revenge against those bastards!" Ike said.

"But they're Class A. They're like way too strong," Karuizawa said.

"Strong my ass! We would've beaten them if it weren't for Ayanokouji!" Ike responded.

"Everyone, calm down. While I do support the idea of battling Class A to potentially earn 100 additional class points, we should consider Class B as I think they're the easiest class to beat out of the three," Hirata said.

"I'm personally willing to take the risk and take on Class A," Horikita said, "But I'm all ears."

The class continuously discussed. As we approached 10 minutes for the discussion time, they decided to simply vote and accept whatever the results were. The class decided that it was pointless to discuss further and that they should save time for future questions.

After everyone finished voting, the results appeared.

Results:
• Class A (21)
• Class B (18)
• Class C (0)

"Class A, it is," Chabashira-sensei said.

"We will get our revenge," Ike confidently said.

"Now, moving on to the next question."

Motion #2: Choose one of the following option:
• In exchange for all private points received by all students per month being halved, 3 random students will each be given a protection point.
• In exchange for all private points received by all students per month being halved, choose 1 student to give a protection point to.
• The bottom 5 in the next written test will have their private points reduced to halved.

No matter which option you choose, the private points will be halved for six months.

"That's... a difficult question."