Dance Partner - Mina

Y/n pov

"Hey Y/n, who will you bring to this year's dance?" My friend Junho asked.

"Yes! Who! Who is it Y/n? Who is it?!" Ryujin asked ecstatically and suddenly clings to me.

"Yah! Shin Ryujin! Get down!" I scolded her as she just shows me a tongue.

"Hey Ryujin, can I be your date?" Junho asked her

"Hmmm, how about a no?" She answered in a smug tone.

"Oooh! Rejected!" I exclaimed

"Aish! This Shin cousins," Junho mumbled

Ryujin and I laughed at the annoyed man and I patted his back.

"Don't worry Junho, you will get yours," I teased.

"Wahhh, you don't have even yours!" He said.

I mean, he got a point there.

"Oooooh, you heard that cous?" Ryujin just making me groan in annoyance.

"Hey! I have someone! I-I just don't have the guts to ask her... yet," I said and sighed.

"Hey bud, I know that you like her so what's stopping you?" Junho asked.

"You know I overthink a lot and it's just- getting to me you know?"

"You know Y/n? I get your point but you need to step it up, even if it is a small tiny step," Ryujin said which is right.

Having a crush is one thing, but confessing to your crush is another. Think about it, you're gonna think about this and that to the point of you are in this dilemma where insecurities and thinking negative outcomes rise.

"Yeah dude and if things didn't go your way then, just accept it and move on hmm?" Junho said

I mean he's right, the only thing that is in my way is my low confidence and the thoughts of getting rejected... that's right! Acceptance! Just accept the reality!

"Dude, thanks for your words! I will ask her now! Wish me luck!" I said to them as I ran through the halls of the campus to find her, my crush, Myoui Mina.

Mina has two best friends in the campus, they are Momo and Sana. I am quite close to Sana. Actually, Sana is the reason why I met Mina.

Mina back then was a new transfer student from Japan and since Sana has a Japanese background, they became friends very fast along with Momo. One day Sana accompanied Mina to the cafeteria and just by luck, I was there too, I was sitting, just eating some bento box for lunch until the two girls appeared in my vision. I choked as I saw Mina which made Sana smirk. Since that incident, Sana has been forcing me to confess to her before it's too late.

I reached their classroom and I see Mina reading with her earbuds on. Just seeing the ethereal beauty in front of me is unbelievable.

"Wae are you looking at her like that?"

Someone whispered to me that causes me to jolt up and scream internally. I looked at the person who whispered laughing silently like there is no tomorrow.

"Yes yes Sana, you got me~," I said as I stare at her.

"Y-yes! U-uhm. W-what are you doing h-here Y/n?" She said trying not to laugh.

"*sigh* I'm so whipped for that girl," I mumbled as Sana just lost it again making me groan. A couple of minutes later she calms down, I pat her head because that's our trait as best friends.

"So Y/n, the School's Prom is near, are you finally asking her?" Sana said as I nodded shyly. Sana squealed loudly and I panicked and immediately covered her mouth.