Soulmates - Winter

Winter pov

Another morning means another day in school. This morning has been peaceful except for the stares that I am getting. I just sighed and ignored them as I make my way to my locker.

I opened my locker and look at that, there are letters inside. Again I sighed at the sight. I collected the letters and I grabbed the things I need before I close my locker.

Now I may appreciate the love and support that they gave to me as an idol but sometimes, it's just too much for me. I just want to feel the normal student kind of vibes if you know what I mean.

I walked until I reached my classroom and I go to my seat and plopped myself down. There are only a few students here in the room as there is still some time before the first class starts. With this, I decided to take a nap while waiting.

Fast forward to ten-ish minutes, I woke up due to the loud murmurs of the class. I fixed myself as we wait for the professor to come.

A couple of minutes later, Professor Lee entered the room with a boy head hanging down tailing him from behind.

"Okay, class! We have a new student here," Professor Lee announced and this caught the attention of the people in the room.

"Okay, please introduce yourself," Professor Lee said to the boy which he nodded in. The boy then raised his head and this earned a few gasps in the class.

"U-uhm, H-hi! I'm Hwang Y/n. I hope we could all be friends," he stated and shyly waved at the class.

This earned a giggle from the class as we saw his shy demeanor.

"Ok this is Y/n, please treat him well. As for your seating, hmmm... Please go seat beside Winter," Professor Lee said which made my eyes wide and blush.

The boy knows me as he scanned the room and he saw me. The boy or Y/n went to the seat beside me and he sat down. He then turned to me and greeted me.

"H-hi, I'm Y/n, I hope we can be friends," he bowed and raised his arm for a handshake.

I shook his hand and greeted him back.

"Hi, I'm Minjeong or a.k.a Winter, and yes we could be friends," I smiled at him and I can see his blush. Hehe, cute.

He then smiled shyly and I then started a conversation.

"Hey, Y/n can I ask a question?"

He hummed and then he looked at me waiting for the question to be asked.

"Okay, are uh, are you related to Yeji unnie of some sort?" I asked and he nodded.

"Yeah, she is my noona, we looked the same huh?" He asked which made me nod.

"Hmmm, I get that a lot. To be honest, I don't even tell that to others," He whispered to me which made me look at him curiously.

"Really? Why?"

"Because noona is an idol. Not that I hate her for it, but because some people just want to befriend me for that reason," He said sadly which I completely understand what he meant.

"Then why tell it to me?" I asked him.

"That is because, from the moment I entered this school, I mostly hear about Winter of aespa being here or people wanting to be your friend for popularity. From the gate to the halls, it's you and maybe from that, I want to ask you, it bothers you hmm?" I sighed and nodded.

"Now that is what I want to avoid," He said and I completely relate to this man.

"Now I relate to you on that, I can't even find a friend here that wants to friend Kim Minjeong, they only want Winter of aespa," I sadly said and I looked down.