the kids meeting lainey

*The kids meet their baby sister for the first time. Thank you so much to BrianBadgerMay for helping me write this!

August 9th

Erin carefully walks down the steps with John, Blakelyn, Paisley and Grayson trying to not make a ton of noise.

*John, Grayson, Blakelyn and Paisley's pajamas*

PK is currently in the birth pool with Mike and his midwife sitting on the outside as he is in the next stage of labor - which is pushing the baby out.

PK and Mike wanted the kids to be involved in the birthing process of their newest sibling if they were able to have a home water birth.

Thankfully, PK had an uneventful and easy pregnancy so he was able to have his home water birth he always wanted!

Erin, John, Blakelyn, Paisley and Grayson all watch in a distance because they didn't want to be in the way or have PK feel uncomfortable.

"Is da baby out?" Blakelyn asks Erin with a little lisp she has now since she has no front teeth.

"Not yet! But really really soon! Are you four excited to have a baby sister?" Erin asks the kids in a whisper.

"Yes! I am soooo excited!" Paisley says with excitement.

"Me too!" Grayson says as he jumps up and down.

"Me three! Lainey is going to be the baby in our family now and that's so cool." John says with a smile.

PK grunts loudly as he pushes again, holding Mike's hand tightly.

"Great job, baby. We see her head now." Mike says as PK pushes again and he grunts loudly.

"Why does Daddy sound like that?" John asks Erin in confusion.

"Because it hurts having a baby without medicine! He is okay, don't worry!" Erin reassures John.

PK pushes again and Lainey's head comes out, causing PK to scream loudly.

Grayson gets a little scared and hides behind Erin.

"It's okay! Lainey is almost born! Do you guys wanna go see? I'll go with you!" Erin says as she hugs Grayson.

The midwife smiles and waves the kids over to watch.

Mike gets in position to catch baby Lainey and smiles at the kids.

"Lainey is almost born! Do y'all see her?" Mike says with a grin.

Paisley nods, curious about the process. Birth grosses some people out, especially kids, but PK and Mike's kids are more modern, raised to be open minded and curious.

John, Blakelyn and Grayson also look in curiosity, seeing how cool it is to see their baby sister about to be born.

PK and Mike also wanted to know how brith worked and what happens when you are born.