Critical

AnnaLeigh Malfoy

"Anna! Anna!" Turning my head to the side, I watched as Kehlani rushed towards me and immediately pulled me into a hug as soon as I was within arms reach "I came as fast as I could. What happened? Where's Draco?"

"In surgery" I said plainly, staring at the blank wall ahead of me.

"Fuck" she mumbled "What happened to him?"

"I don't know" I sighed, trying to keep the tears in "He was fine, perfectly fine. He was talking to me, kissing me and then he left, he left"

"And they haven't told you anything, yet?" She said as she sat beside me "Don't they have to update the family?"

"Screw this" I said as I stood up "I'll be right back" and before Kehlani could question, I walked away. I was only wearing my scrubs, having lost my coat in the chaos before.

I walked down the hallway, ignoring the looks I got from everyone that knew as I pushed open the door to the scrub room. Reaching over, I grabbed a mask from the box and began to tie it around my face before pressing the button to the OR.

I walked in as the doctors were still operating.

"What's going on?" I asked as I looked over at them. They all stopped briefly and stared up at me.

"Dr Malfoy, you can't be in here" a doctor said.

"Do not tell me what I can and can't do" I snapped "That may be my Husband on the table but I am still your head of surgery and I'm asking for an update on the patient so give me a god damn update!"

They all looked taken back by my raise of voice but answered anyway.

"Well, he had a TBI. Pupils were dilated and he had Cerebrospinal fluid from his ears when we brought him up here but we've managed to stop the bleeding. His pulse is a little slow but we've brought his blood pressure back up to normal" The doctors standing behind his head explained to me.

"And the rest?" I said quietly, trying my best for my voice not to break or the tears to fall.

"He had bleeding in his abdomen caused by the blow to his ribs. A piece snapped off and punctured his lung but we managed to retrieve the bone, tie the laceration and stop the bleeding with only one blood transfusion" another explained.

"God" I whispered and turned my back for a second, catching my breath.

"He's stable, Anna" a nurse came up and rubbed my back in a comforting manor.

"Is he gonna wake up?" I said as I spun back around and locked eyes with the Doctor who stood behind his head.

She didn't answer and instead, looked around at the other Doctors standing around.

"It's—" she breathed slowly "It's still too early to tell. His right pupil had blown, you know that's an indication of—"

"No" I said immediately, shaking my head "You get my Husband off that table and prey to Merlin himself that he wakes up. If anything went wrong because I wasn't in here—because you wouldn't let me in here—"

"He's stable" the Doctor interrupted "His surgery has gone perfectly with little to no complications. If he doesn't wake up, there is nothing that neither you or I could of done to change that"

I held eye contact with her for a second longer before turning around and storming out. Once back I into the stub room, I tore my mask off and tossed it to the ground.

Leaning myself on the sink, I crossed my arms over my chest and looked up at the ceiling.

He was perfect.