Fifteen|| I Don't Know Can You?

Shout out to the teachers who still think this joke is funny.

"They told me that to make her fall in love, I had to make her laugh. But everytime she laughs, I'm the one who falls in love."

Tommaso Ferraris

Fifteen|| I Don't Know, Can You?

Strange rumors were going around the following day.

The first one I heard from some girl named Sasha in my homeroom, she had said something about The Mob finally catching up with Parker.

The second one I heard from Will, he said that Thomas told him that Gordon told him that Robert's friend named Fletcher had said that Parker owed a debt to a gang and that he had gotten beaten up to a pulp.

Boys gossip more that you would think.

And the last one I heard from some girl named Bryanna, she started talking about how Parker was in this huge car accident where the President's daughter was involved. Somehow it all ended with Parker eloping with said girl and coming back just in time for school.

I hadn't seen Parker all day but the rumors had me wondering what the heck was happening.

I shook my head in hopes that the thoughts left my head and directed my gaze towards my Math teacher. Parker was in this class, he hadn't skipped for a while now.

After realizing I wasn't going to be able to concentrate I raised my hand.

"Yes, Miss Collins," Mrs. West said in a firm tone.

"Can I go to the restroom?"

Mrs. West's red lips twisted into a smirk as she watched me with her beady eyes. "I don't know, can you?"

I pursed my lips. She had just used the oldest trick in the book! She was a grown woman for pete's sake, what was the use of terrorizing innocent teens?

"May I got to the restroom?" I corrected myself through gritted teeth.

Mrs. West nodded curtly and I excited the classroom, ignoring the mocking stares from my classmates.

I was walking through the halls with my hands in my back pockets when I saw a familiar flash of honey colored hair outside the men's bathroom.

"Jack!" I exclaimed and caught up with the green eyed boy.

"Hey, Ellie," he muttered nervously as he ran his long fingers through his curly hair.

"Have you seen Parker?"

Jack's eyes widened and he shook his head furiously. "Parker? Who's Parker? I've never met anyone with that name in my life."

"You're a bad liar, Jack," I stated dryly and frowned.

My statement only seemed to make him more anxious. He started glancing at his feet and then at the white tiles on the floor.

"Lying? Who said anything about lying?" His green eyes shifted in every direction, except mine.

"Hey, Jack did you-" The baritone voice halted and I turned my head towards the person who it belonged to.

Parker stood there with on foot in the bathroom and the other on the hallway. What surprised me the most was that his usual clean skin was covered in yellowish- brown bruises. His lip was busted and he had a terrible black eye.

"Elise," he said and turned to look at Jack with accusing eyes- or eye. Get it? Because the other one is swollen shut.

Why am I so funny when nobody's around?