Chapter 02

Elinor's POV:

I took pictures at Arc de Triomphe and uploaded it on my social media accounts.

eliig_wlter: A pris des photos avant de rentrer à la maison.

"Mamimiss ko ang Paris." Jessa said while sulking and clinging into my arm.

"Me too. Paris feels like home." I said while looking around and admiring the view.

"Ready kana ba umuwi?" Jessa seriously said and I slightly nodded and sighed.

"Like I have a choice." I said and chuckled.

"Saan kaya tayo sunod na pupunta? Amsterdam naman kaya?! Sabi nila sobrang ganda daw doon!" She happily said.

"Yeah, we should go there. But first we need to do our work." I said and she rolled her eyes.

"Fine.. fine.. ano pa bang bago?" I heard her whisper under her breath but I just ignored it.

After sixteen hours of flight, we finally landed in the Philippines and Jessa was running around like a kid, screaming how she missed everything and everyone here. I smiled when I saw my parents walking towards me with a smile on their faces, and I hugged them both.

"Hello, darling. How's Paris? Did you enjoy?" Mom said and kissed my cheeks.

"Yes, I had fun." I lied. All I did was work 24/7 for a week there, thanks to my grandparents. Please note the sarcasm.

"We missed you so much." Dad said and I smiled.

"Aww, I missed you guys too!" I said. I really did missed my parents I can't believe I survived a week without them.

Mom turned to Jessa. "Did you take care of her? Did she eat three meals a day?" Mom strictly asked and Jessa gulped and looked at me and I raised my eyebrows.

"Y-yes ma'am." Jessa said and I gave her a smile and she looked away.

"Great! And I forgot, make sure to come to the once-a-year party of the Walter Empire tomorrow. No work, okay?" Mom said and a forced a smile.

Oh right, it's that party every once a year again. I don't even want to go there, I just come because my parents asked me to and I hate being there. I feel like suffocating whenever I'm in the same room with them. Well, my cousins also don't want to go there. They're also just being forced by their parents.

"Of course." I simply said.

When I arrived at my penthouse I quickly took a shower and did my skin care routine before going to bed and I was actually planning to watch some movies but my head is already hurting probably because of my jetlag but I managed to check my emails before going to bed.

I woke up at 7:05 in the morning and I quickly get ready for work and I know my company is already waiting for me so I need to hurry up and I can already feel that I'm going to be so busy today.

"Good morning, Ms. Walter." I smiled and greeted them back.

I went to several meetings today and proceeded to work on some papers and sign some of them. I forgot to eat again, and now Jessa has been bothering me to eat. She keeps saying some restaurants and asking what I want to eat, but mostly it's just her complaining how I'm making her job harder.

My phone suddenly rang so I answered it. "Hello, Elinor Walter speaking." I said and I frowned when I heard Braelynn's voice.

"Eli! I heard that you're already here in the Philippines? So, you're coming to the party tonight?" She said and I sighed and I put the call on speaker and put it on my desk and started to read some papers.