Chapter 18

Elinor's POV:

I started crying my eyes out again, and I held onto my chest. My makeup was all scattered, but I didn't pay attention to it. I just wanted to cry, even if it took forever, so I could ease the pain I was feeling.

I heard footsteps. "Akala ko ba hindi umiiyak ang mayayaman?" I frowned when I heard a familiar voice.

I looked at her and I was surprised when I saw Valentina and she sat beside me. "Pero seryoso, okay ka lang? Kanina pa ako nakatitig sa'yo mula doon sa kabilang bench kanina ka pa umiiyak." Sabi niya at inabot ang isang panyo.

I looked at her, and it felt like my body had its own mind. I hugged her and cried on her shoulder, and I could feel she was also shocked.

I told her everything and he listened while caressing my back. "Nandito ako para sa'yo... kasi kapatid kita at lalo na't Ate kita." Sabi niya at napangiti naman ako.

"Thank you, and I'm sorry for saying those harsh words I don't mean it I was just really shocked." I said and she smiled.

"Wala 'yun! Strong kaya 'to. At naiintintihan kita." She said and I chuckled.

"Simula ngayon, hindi na kita hahayaang masaktan! Next time na mag-uusap tayo dapat hindi kana umiiyak." Sabi niya at pinunasan ang luha ko.

"Hindi ba dapat ako nagpoprotekta sa'yo? Parang ikaw pa ang Ate sa'tin." Sabi ko at natawa naman siya.

"Magkapatid tayo kaya hindi na mahalaga kung sino ang mas nakakatanda at ang importante ay mahalaga ka sakin at gagawin ko lahat para 'di ka na ulit makaramdam ng sakit." Sabi niya at napangiti ako.

"And I'll do the same with you. I will never let you also get hurt, or else they would have to take me down first." I said.

"Nakaka nosebleed 'yun ah. Parang mas pina sosyal na version ng sinabi ko." Sabi niya at natawa naman kami pareho.

So this is what family really feels like?

I love Valentina because we share the same blood. And she's my sister. And my family.

Jessa's POV:

"... And Jessa, I love you and thank you for everything... " She said and I didn't heard the last sentences she said because I was crying so hard.

Eli.. ano nanaman bang plano mo?

The next day, I didn't have the energy to stand up from my bed, but I remembered all the things Eli said last night, and I'm doing this for her.

I arrived at the company, inhaled some air, and tried my best not to cry. Everyone was already talking about Elinor's stepping down as CEO. And just hearing her name makes my chest sting.

I gulped before opening the door to her office, and the tears I was trying to hold back fell on my cheeks when I saw men inside, packing all of her belongings into boxes, and almost everything about her was gone. 

I went to her desk and I saw a picture frame of us and I smiled bitterly. "Why did you have to resign huh? I thought you'd fight for your rights." I said while staring at our picture.

"Ma'am, isasama ko po ba 'yan dito sa mga box?" Tanong ng isang lalaki at natigilan naman ako at napalunok.

I inhaled some air. "No, I'm taking this with me." I said and he nodded.

I stared again at our picture. "If you're leaving then I'm leaving." I said.

I took my pen from my bag and started filling up my resignation form, and my hand was shaking and my tears started falling on the paper.