Chapter 15

Elinor's POV:

"What do you want to talk about?" He said and he looked so tired he probably had a busy and stressful day.

I didn't say anything; I just hugged him, and it was also a way of me saying that I'm always here for him, just as he is to me.

"I love you." I said and he hugged me back and buried his face on my neck.

"I love you more." He whispered.

I looked at him and gave him a peck on the lips. "We're partners, right? It's not fair that you make me feel better when you're also in pain." I said and he sighed.

"I know... it's just that, I don't want to bother you and you have more important things to think more." He said and I held his hand and forced a smile.

"Since the moment you entered my life, you have never been a bother to me, and you're also the most important thing to me. I want to be with you through the happiest and darkest moments of our lives because that's what partners do, right?" I said and smiled.

"I'm sorry..." He said and kissed my forehead and I hugged him again.

"You don't have to say sorry. I understand and I promise from now on that I will always be by your side... I will never leave you." I said.

We stayed in that position, and I just want to stay in his arms forever because hugging him feels so good. I could never find the same level of warmth, comfort, and peace in anyone else but him.

I love him so much that I can't put into words why I do. There's this way that he can only make me feel.

He's my comfort person and peace.

Claude's POV:

I have spent my entire life searching for someone or something that can bring me comfort and peace and make me forget about my problems simply by being around it. And after searching for it for years... I can finally say that I have found the person who brings me happiness and peace in life. She is the one with whom I want to spend the rest of my life and even the sight of her brings me peace and comfort.

Akin na'to. Hindi ko na'to papakawalan dahil pakakasalan ko pa 'to.

At siya din ang taong gusto kong iharap sa Diyos at ipangako sakanya na hindi ko pababayaan ang babaeng 'to aalagaan ko siya habang buhay.

Mahal na mahal ko si Elinor gagawin ko lahat para sakanya at hindi ko kakayanin na mawala siya saakin.

"Hahaha! Look at your face!" She laughed and I looked at myself in the mirror.

I saw that she put make up in my face and I look like a clown. "Babe! What did you do?" I said and she just laughed like a kid.

"I did that because I thought we were going to watch a movie and you were already sleeping!" She hit me in the arm and he crossed her arms.

"I'm sorry... I'm just really tired today." I said.

"It's fine! Now let's just continue the movie and then we can sleep later." She said.

"Just sleep? No cuddles?" I pouted and she laughed.

"You're so cute! Fine, we'll cuddle later but for now let's watch the movie." She said and I nodded.

I woke up in the middle of the night when I heard sounds, and when I opened my eyes, I saw her typing something on her laptop, and she had her specs on, which made her look even more gorgeous.

I planted kisses on her neck. "I thought we're going to sleep? What are you doing?" I said and she chuckled.

"Sorry...did I wake you up? I just have a lot of things to do." She said and I gently massaged her shoulders and a soft moan came out of her mouth.

"Tulog na tayo." I said and she shook her head.

"You sleep first and after this I'll sleep na." She said and I raised my eyebrow.

"Nope, we'll sleep together right now." I said and she sighed and closed her laptop.

"Fine, let's sleep." She said.

She placed her head in my arm, wrapped her arms around me, and buried her face in my chest. I placed my other hand on his waist and kissed her forehead.

Pahinga ko.

Elinor's POV:

Nagising ako ng marinig kong tumutunog ang phone ko kaya dahan-dahan kong tinanggal ang yakap saakin ni Claude para sagutin ang tawag at nakita kong si Brynn ang tumatawag kaya nagtaka ako dahil bakit siya tatawag saakin ng ganitong oras.

"Brynn? Bakit napatawag ka? Anong oras na." Sabi ko at may mga narinig akong ingay mula sa linya niya.

"Eli! Si Brae! Manganganak na s'ya!" Sigaw ni Brynn at para akong binuhusan ng tubig sa narinig ko kaya agad kong ginising si Claude.

"Babe! Gising! We need to go to the hospital right now!" Sabi ko at nagmamadali na kinuha ang susi ng kotse at inabot sakanya at hindi na ako nag ayos at naka pajama lang ako ngayon.

Nagmamadali kaming pumunta sa hospital at agad akong lumapit sa front desk.

"Braelynn Vespertine! Where's her room?!" I nervously said and the woman in front of us immediately gave us the room number so we hurriedly went to the elevator.

While in the elevator, I was so nervous, and I was walking back and forth, and my mind was haywire. I don't know why I'm this nervous; I'm not the one who's going to give birth. But still, this is one of the hardest moments a woman can go through in her life, and being here to support Braelynn means so much to her.

"Babe, calm down. Braelynn is going to be fine and she's in good hands and I'm sure her husband is there for her." Claude said and I gulped.

I saw Brynn and Darcy in the hallway, and when they saw me, they immediately approached me. They were also both in their pajamas, and it looks like they just woke up, too.

"Nasa'n si Brae? Okay lang ba siya?" Sunod sunod kong tanong.

"Nasa delivery room na siya kasama si Zephyr at okay lang naman siya." Sabi ni Brynn at nakahinga naman ako ng maluwag.

Habang naghihintay kami ay lahat kami ay hindi alam ang mararamdaman halo halong emosyon. Kinakabahan kami dahil hindi namin alam ang nangyayari sa loob at naeexcite kasi makikita na namin ang inaanak naming si Freya.

Inabutan ako ng kape ni Claude at tinanggap ko naman 'yon. "Grabe, ganito pala yung nafefeel niyo no'ng ako 'yung nanganganak." Sabi ni Brynn at natawa naman ako.

"Kung alam mo lang!" Sabi naman ni Darcy.

Biglang natahimik si Brynn kaya tumingin ako sakanya at kumunot ang noo dahil parang ang seryoso niya. "Bakit? May dumi ba sa mukha ko?" Sabi ko at umiling naman siya.

"I've been wanting to ask this question for a long time now. Eli, kahit kailan ba hinanap mo o tinanong mo ang totoong magulang mo?" Sabi niya at natigilan naman ako at sumimsim ng kape at umiling.

"Para saan pa?" Sarkastiko akong natawa.

"Pinamigay ako na parang bagay na napaka daling iwan na wala ng saysay sa buhay nila." Sabi ko at napatango-tango naman siya.

"I'm sorry for asking but what if one day they show up in front of you? Asking for your forgiveness?" Sabi niya at kinagat ko ang ibaba kong labi at napalunok.

"Hindi ko alam." Ininom ko ang kape ko.

"Simula ng ipamigay nila ako sa bahay ampunan kinalimutan ko na sila at wala na silang halaga saakin at wala na din akong kinikilala na totoong nanay o tatay." Sabi ko.

"Sorry, I was just curious. I should've kept my question to myself. " She said and I forced a smile.

----