Chapter 08

Elinor's POV:

I opened my eyes and realized I fell asleep on the couch, and I immediately stood up and went to the bathroom to take a bath. I was already getting ready, and I stopped while looking at my vanity table mirror and sighed. Why do I feel so empty?

I shook my head to erase the sad thoughts and continued getting ready. I went inside my car to drive to the company, and when I arrived, it looked like everyone was waiting for me and they were greeting me.

"Good morning, Ms. Walter." They all greeted and I forced a smile.

I opened the door to my office, and Jessa stood up from her desk and greeted me. I nodded at her and sat down in my swivel chair.

"Here are the papers you need to sign, and you have six meetings to attend today; your first meeting will be in 30 minutes." Jessa said and nodded and I scanned the papers in front of me.

"Where's Cleo? Is she always this late?" I asked and she nodded and I shook my head.

"Yeah, she usually arrives 1 hour or 2 hours late and yesterday I had to do all the work because she's late." Jessa said.

"I'll take care of her today don't worry." I said while reading some papers.

Jessa went back to her seat and started working on her laptop and making calls, and I was already signing some papers when the door suddenly opened.

"Oh! You're here." Cleo said and raised her eyebrow and I rolled my eyes.

"I don't have time for your nonsense, so get your ass here. Why are you late? If you're going to be the CEO here, then you know you should arrive early." I said and she rolled her eyes.

"Oh, come on, I'm not the CEO yet, and it took so much time for me to finally finish getting ready." She said and rolled my eyes.

"Whatever. Just help me with these papers, and I'm going to send you to two meetings later." I said and she scoffed.

"What?! Why do I have so much to do? That's unfair! You're not even doing anything." She exclaimed and I inhaled some air to calm myself.

"I'm going to sign all these papers, and you're only going to help me with half of them, and I have four meetings later, and my first one is in 30 minutes, and I have two dinner meetings tonight. Do you have anything to say?" I coldly said and crossed my arms.

"Whatever!" She exclaimed.

I continued working and attended my first meeting today before returning to my office; the day had only begun, but I was already exhausted.

"Why aren't you here yesterday? I did all the work you have to do. Not because I'm going to replace you after a few months doesn't mean you can be lazy." She said that made me stop while signing some papers.

"How can you say that? You don't even know the real reason why I wasn't here yesterday, and you don't have the right to call me lazy when I worked my ass off here as a CEO for years, and you're just new here, and I'm still the boss, so whether you like it or not, you will take orders from me." I strictly said and rolled my eyes.

"I'm the real heir!" She shouted that made me snap.

"So? That doesn't mean that you're bigger and higher than me. Trust me, even though you're going to be the CEO, you will never be on the same level as me." I said and she gritted her teeth.

"I don't care! I'm still the real child and real heir at doon palang Elinor talo kana." She said and smirked and I felt a sting on my chest.

She's right.