Chapter 17

Elinor's POV:

"Sabi na eh! Magkapatid kayo ni Valentina! Kahit singkit siya at medyo maliit ang mukha magkamukha pa din kayo sa ibang features!" Sabi ni Jessa at napa iling nalang ako.

"Yeah, I heard that she's half korean." Singit ni Cleo at napa kunot naman ako ng noo.

"Weh ba?! As in?! Shala kaya pala ang ganda niya tapos ang ganda pa ng boses." Sabi ni Jessa.

"What else did you read in your birth certificate?" Cleo said and sipped on her coffee.

"I saw that my dad is Russian." Sabi ko at nanlaki naman ang mata nila at sabay na gulat na tumingin saakin.

"What?! Really?! You certainly have the appearance of a half-Russian. Damn, you and your sister have some good genes." Cleo said and I rolled my eyes.

"True! Naiimagine ko na 'yung future junakis niyo ni Claude! Nafefeel ko na sobrang gaganda at popogi nila." Sabi naman ni Jessa at natawa ako at umiling.

"Gutom ka nanaman." Sabi ko kay Jessa at natawa naman si Cleo.

Sobrang na drain energy ko ngayong araw parang kailangan ko ng halik ni Claude. Grabe, miss ko na jowa ko ano kaya ginagawa nun.

"Hi, baby. I missed you." He said and kissed my forehead and his forehead creased when he saw me pouting.

"You look sad, what's wrong? Do you want to talk about it?" He softly said and I nodded.

"Yes... but I want ice-cream first." I said and he chuckled and nodded.

"Okay, we'll get ice-cream." He said and I smiled.

"I love you." I said and he smiled and gave me a peck on the lips.

"I love you more than anything." He said before we went inside his car to buy my ice-cream.

We were on the way back to my penthouse when my phone suddenly rang and I saw that manang was calling me and I suddenly felt nervous. Is something happening back at home?

I immediately answered it. "Hello? Manang napatawag ka." I said and Claude looked at me curiously and I forced a smile at him.

"Madam! Nag-aaway po sina sir! Hindi po namin alam pinag-aawayan nila pero galit na galit po mommy niyo!" Biglang bumilis ang kabog ng dibdib ko at napatingin saakin ulit si Claude ng makita niyang kinakabahan ako.

"Are you okay? Did something happen?" He asked and I gulped.

"Can you drive me to my parents house? There's an emergency." I said and he nodded and he held my hand when he saw it was shaking and gave me an reassuring smile.

"Everything's going to be alright." He said and I sighed.

My mind was haywire while we were on the way, and I don't know what to feel, and I feel so nervous that I feel like something's happening there because it's rare to see mom angry and they don't usually fight. Is this about me? I suddenly feel guilty. Why does everything feel like my fault?

I shouldn't have left that day, I shouldn't have been a bitch, and I should've been there for Mom, but instead I chose to run away. This is all my fault.

I immediately went out of the car. "Babe, I'll just call you later. You need to rest." I said but he looked hesitant to leave.

"Are you sure? I can't leave here without you." He worriedly said and I shook my head.

"I'm going to be fine. Go home and get some rest I'll call you I promise." I said and he nodded and sighed.

"Call me when anything happens. I love you." He said before I went inside the house. I didn't wait till he drove away.