Chapter 24

Elinor's POV:

After eating, I feel so full. I didn't have the guts to look at him again after going in front. I know he's confused, but I don't know how to answer his questions because I'm also not ready.

But no more hiding now.

It's time to face him.

"Elinor! Happy birthday nga pala sa Mama mo." A guy approached me.

"I remember you! You're C-claude's friend right?" I said. Gosh, why did I stutterr while saying his name.

"You're right! Nice seeing you again. You look much more gorgeous right now and congratulations! Is it a boy or a girl?" He asked and I smiled.

"Three girls." I said and his eyes widened and his jaw dropped.

"T-triplets? Wow, you're so strong. I really admire women how can they handle every month menstruation and having a baby?!" He said and I chuckled.

"I know, it also amazes me. Have you eaten? There's still a lot of food in the buffet." I said and he nodded.

"Kumain na'ko, Ms. Elinor. Busog na busog nga ako eh ang sasarap ng pagkain dito sa susunod na may birthday sa inyo inviye niyo ako ulit." He joked and I laughed.

"Hoy! Anong sinasabi mo nanaman diyan sa best-friend ko?!" Nagulat ako ng biglang sumingit saamin si Jessa.

"Wala ka na do'n!" Atlas said and rolled her eyes and walked away.

"Anong sinabi sa'yo ng mokong na 'yun?" Jessa said while laughing and I shook my head.

"Nothing." I said.

I saw that everyone was busy, so I just stood up by myself so I could go to the bathroom. I shouldn't have drank so much water earlier.

After using the bathroom I froze when I smelled a familiar scent close to me.

Claude's perfume.

I looked around and gasped when I saw him right behind me. When he started walking towards me, my eyes widened and my heartbeat became incredibly rapid.

"C-claude..." I said.

"Eli, you're pregnant..." Hindi makapaniwala na sabi niya and I can see millions of questions on his eyes.

He was so bewildered and fixed his eyes on my belly; he was about to break down in tears. And because he is the only man I have ever been with, I know he is not a fool and knew that he is the father.

"Am I the...father?" He said and emotions started building up inside me again and I don't know what to react.

He appears to be much more mature than the last time I saw him, and his body has also changed. He still resembles the man I love, though. I'm addicted to his scent I  love it so much.

I inhaled some air and tears started streaming down my cheeks. "Yes.." I closed my eyes expecting him to raise his voice at me or even curse at me but instead I felt arms around me.

When I smelled his scent around me I knew I was home.

He's my home. My comfort from this crazy world that has only caused me pain. 

"I'm going to be a father..." He broke down to tears and his voice cracked as he cried on my shoulder.

"Yes, you are." I said.

He was shocked and confused when I pushed him and away. "Now explain." I said and he immediately knew what I was talking about.

"But first, let's sit. My back is killing me." I said at inalalayan niya naman ako sa pinaka malapit na upuan saamin.

He explained and told me everything, and I realized that he was also a victim. I was so dumb for not letting him explain that night.

"I'm sorry...I should've stayed. I should've been there with you." I said.

"No, if you stayed here, you wouldn't have all these. You finally have your family beside you. I'm so proud of you.." He said and kissed my forehead.

"I'm so proud of you for picking yourself up after a painful event that almost destroyed you. I'm always proud of you; remember that." I smiled.

"I love you more than anything in this world." He said and slowly went closer to me and captured my lips.

I've been longing for him for months now. I miss everything about him, especially his voice. He keeps me going every day, and I also don't know how I survived six months without him by my side.

"I love you." I said and hugged me.

He finally touched my tummy and caressing it and he went closer to feel the triplets heartbeat.

"It's triplets by the way. All girls." I said and his eyes widened and I laughed at his reaction.

"W-were having three princesses..." He said while crying and I laughed.

"Don't cry here, a lot of people are staring at you already." I said while chuckling but he didn't seem to care.

"I don't care. They can stare all they want; I'm just expressing my love for you and our daughters." He said and I smiled.

After the party Claude can't even leave my side and when it's time to go home he keeps pouting and telling me to not leave him.

We arrived at the mansion and Claude still won't leave my side. "I'm going to be fine." I said but he still don't looked convinced.

"Claude, dito ka na kaya matulog ngayong gabi lang naman eh." Sabi ni Mama at kita ko ang pagning-ning ng mata ni Claude kaya natawa ako.

"Tama 'yan para makapag day-off na ako nagigising din kasi ako kapag tumatayo si Ate sa gabi at kailangan ko siya alalayan ako kasi palagi niyang kasama sa kwarto. At since, nandito kana Kuya Claude ikaw naman." Sabi ni Tina at siniko siya ni Mama.

I took a warm bath first, and even when I'm in the bath tub, Claude hasn't left my side, and while I'm taking a bath, he's just watching me.

"You pervert stop watching me take a bath." I laughed and his forehead creased.

"Oh come on, there's nothing I haven't seen yet." He said at sinamaan ko siya ng tingin at na tahimik naman siya.

I usually wake up late at night multiple times because I need to pee and I also get insomnia, but whenever I wake up, Claude is always beside me.

"Sorry, you didn't get enough sleep because of me." I said and he smiled and touched my cheek.

"Well, I need to train myself because, in a few months, a bigger challenge will wake me up every night too." He said and I smiled.

He's my home and my rest. I feel so safe in his arms, and I knew that he was going to love our daughters the same way he loves me, unconditionally. I don't know what I'd do without him; I want to spend the rest of my life with him. 

----