Chapter 21

Claude's POV:

After she left, I spent my days drowning myself in alcohol and crying while thinking about her and blaming myself for everything. I promised her that I wouldn't hurt her, but fuck, now she's suffering because of me.

I love Elinor with all my heart; she's my world, and without her, my world stopped spinning. I live by seeing her every day, hearing her laugh, and seeing her smile.

I want to marry her, be with her forever, and hold her when life gets rough. She's the color in my colorless world and the sunshine in my life.

Without her, it's like wasting my life.

I love her more than anything in my life, and if I had to choose between CQ and her, I would choose her.

I would always choose her, always.

Her eyes make me want to stare at them forever, her smile makes me want to be the reason for them, and her laugh is like music to my ears.

But I can't just live my life like this and keep drinking alcohol all day. I told myself that Eli would also not be pleased when she saw me like this, so I threw all the alcohol bottles away and started to get my life going again, even though it's hard without seeing her.

Her presence might not be here, but the love she gave me is still in my heart, and that's what keeps me going and is my inspiration and motivation for every day.

Ciervo Quijada got more bigger and more successful.

But Elinor coming back is a much more bigger event to me.

Elinor's POV:

"Hindi ka nakakatuwa, Tina." Inis na sabi ko dahil kanina pa siya nang-aasar na makikita ko daw si Claude.

Ano naman gagawin ko?

"Balita ko mas lalo siyang gumwapo!" Hirit niya pa at tinakpan ko ang tenga ko para hindi ko siya madinig.

"Tina! Tigilan mo na nga ang Ate mo at tulungan mo ako dito sa mga gamit ng kambal!" Sabi ni Mama kaya binelatan ko siya at natawa lang siya.

"Akin na, dad." Sabi ko at sinubukan kunin ang isang maleta sakanya pero nilayo niya ito saakin.

"No, I'll take care of your luggage. You're pregnant and it's going to be bad for the triplets." Dad said and I smiled.

"By the way, susunduin daw tayo nung dating secretary ni Ate." Dinig kong sabi ni Tina habang kausap sila Mama.

Hindi ko sila pinansin dahil nakatuon ako sa tiyan ko habang hinihimas ito at hindi naman masakit ang tiyan ko nakakatuwa lang isipin na kaunting buwan nalang may tatlo na akong mini me's. Nakaupo ako habang sila ay nasa harapan ko lang.

I'm wearing a blue floral maxi dress and I wore a white bucket hat and my black sunglasses.

"Valentina! Welcome back sa pinas!" I smiled when I heard that voice. Yep, that's definitely Jessa.

"Hello po Tita at Tito! At ang ku-kyut naman ng dalawang 'to!" Rinig ko pang sabi ni Jessa.

I removed my sunglasses and bucket hat and chuckled and their attention turned to me. "Ako? Hindi mo babatiin?" Sabi ko.

Her eyes widened and her jaw dropped and her gaze were looking up and down at me and I laughed. "Buntis ka?! Eli naman! Wait, mahihimatay ako! Joke!" Sabi niya at natawa naman kami.

Dahan-dahan siyang lumapit saakin. "Pwede ba kita yakapin? Sobrang na-miss kita." I saw tears streaming down her face.

I smiled and I hugged her. "I missed you too. I missed my best friend." I said and I heard her sobbing.

"I can't believe that you're here infront of me now...and pregnant! I'm so shocked! Can I touch your belly?" She said and I nodded.

"Gagi naiiyak ako! Wala ako kamalay-malay may pamangkin na ako sa'yo." Sabi niya at natawa naman ako.

"Sino tatay?" Tanong ni Jessa at na tahimik naman ako.

"Sino pa ba?! Edi si Claude!" Sabi ni Tina at napahawak sa bibig sa gulat si Jessa.

"Tangina?! Parang ikaw ata ang may surpresa sakanya ah! Grabe 'yang pasalubong mo bata talaga!" Sabi ni Jessa.

"Anong bata? Mga bata!" Singit pa ni Tina.

"Ha? Anong mga bata?" Naguguluhan na sabi ni Tina.

"Eh tatlo laman niyan eh!" Sabi pa ni Tina at napasapo nalang si Mama sa gilid.

"Surprise?" I said.

"Tangina, hindi ko alam sharp-shooter pala 'yang si Claude. Tahimik lang pero may triplets na palang anak sa Canada." Sabi ni Jessa at natawa naman sila Mama at inirapan ko siya.

"Bastos ng bibig! Halika na nga, nangangawit na ako kakaupo." Sabi ko at inalalayan naman nila ako na tumayo.

I looked at the window of the car, and I froze when we drove past the company. I smiled bitterly; it just feels like yesterday. I hate to admit it, but I miss the smell of papers and coffee at my office after several meetings in just one day.

I miss the CEO me.

We arrived at a house, and I found out that mama and dad rented this house, or so I call it, a mansion, for a week. Mama's birthday is just for a day; why would we stay here for the week?

"Nauna ka pa umupo kaysa saakin." Sabi ko kay Tina at agad naman siyang tumayo at inalalayan akong umupo sa couch.

"Akiesha! 'Wag kang takbo ng takbo madapa ka nanaman! Hindi pa nga gumagaling 'yang sugat mo sa tuhod." Suway ni Mama.

"Si Aaron kasi! Mama oh!" Sumbong ni Akiesha.

Jessa sat beside me. "I'm proud of you." She suddenly said and I frowned.

"Proud of me for what?" I asked.

"Everything. You're finally with your family and you're finally going to be a mother." She said and I smiled.

"A year ago me wouldn't believe me if I told her she got the life she wanted right now." I said.

We both smiled. "Can I ask?" I said and she nodded.

"How is he?" I said and she smiled.

"He's doing well. Haven't you heard or read the news and magazines? He's everywhere. He's more handsome now." She teased and I rolled my eyes.

"Magsama kayo ni Tina!" I exclaimed.

Even though I am aware that I don't want to see him, I can't help but feel a longing for him. I'm not sure anymore, but I believe that if I saw him, I would give him a big hug.

---