Chapter 03

Elinor's POV:

"Oh, kape. Sure ka bang okay ka lang?" Nag aalalang tanong ni Jessa at tumango lang ako at sumimsim ng kape.

I'm used to it, but of course I still can't avoid being hurt because I feel like I'm not welcome in the family, and I'm just like a guest that they're sending away.

"I don't know what's wrong with your grandparents, Eli, but they lost my respect." Darcy said and shook her head.

"Same, they humiliated you in front of everyone. Does this happen often? Why didn't you tell us?" Brynn seriously said and I shook my head.

"I don't want to bother you guys, and I'm used to it. All my life they made me feel like I wasn't part of the family, and I know that." I said and they sighed.

"But you are part of the family. The moment Tito and Tita introduced you to us, you were one of us. You're a Walter and you're part of us." Braelynn said and smiled.

"You're Elinor Grace Walter, and you will always be." Darcy said.

"Salamat, gumaan pakiramdam ko sa inyo." Sabi ko at nginitian naman nila ako.

After the party, I went home to my penthouse, and mom made several missed calls to me, but I didn't answer them because of what happened earlier. I had just finished taking a shower when suddenly my phone buzzed one after another, and I saw that they had made a groupchat for us cousins.

Braelynn: We love you, Eli!

Brynn: We're always here to help.

Darcy: You will always be our favorite cousin ;)

Brynn: Yes! My fave cousin will always be Eli.

Braelynn: @Brynn ay wow? Akala ko ako lang? Ano 'to beh pinagpalit mo na ako agad?

Brynn: Sakal, gusto mo?

Darcy: Isasama ba natin dito si Annette? Pero hindi naman siguro magrereply 'yun dito.

Braelynn: I-add niyo! Malay mo diba.

Brynn: Sasabunutan ko talaga 'yun pagbalik niya.

I just shook my head and laughed when I read their chats and turned off my phone so I could rest because I felt that all my energy had been drained today.

I immediately turned off my alarm when it went off, stretched, and got up to get ready. Jessa also had a few texts with me, so I'm in a bit of a hurry now.

"Good morning, Ms. Walter." Bati nila saakin kaya tumango ako at ngumiti.

"You have several meetings for today and your first meeting will be in 20 minutes." Jessa said and I nodded and sat on my desk and opened my laptop and checked my emails.

I massaged my neck when I felt it hurting and I sat back on my chair and sighed and removed my specs and closed my eyes while massaging my forehead.

"Pst, break mo na." I opened my eyes when Jessa spoke and saw that she was talking to someone on her phone, and I sighed and stood up.

I went to the bathroom to retouch, and I let my hair down, washed my face a little, put on a little make-up, and just put on my sunglasses to cover the traces of my specs, and I drove to a restaurant. 

While eating, my phone suddenly rang, and I saw that it was mom calling, so I took a deep breath to have the courage to answer it.

"Eli, are you free right now?" I frowned when I heard that mom's voice was a little different.