Chapter 23

Jessa's POV:

"Bakit ka nandito? Invited ka ba?" Masungit na sabi ko kay Atlas at umirap.

"Oo, kailangan ni Claude ng moral support." Tinaasan niya ako ng kilay at sinamaan naman siya ng tingin ni Claude.

"Kailangan mo talaga ng moral support. Mag-ready ka na kapag nakita mo siya ako na nagsasabi sa'yo." Sabi ko at nagtaka naman siya.

"Why? Does she know that I'm here?" Tanong ni Claude at na tigilan naman ako.

"Ay shit! Hindi namin na sabi! Hala baka suntukin ako nun." Sabi ko.

"Lagot!" Pang-aasar pa ni Atlas.

"Manahimik ka nga! Kinakabahan tuloy ako mainitin pa naman ulo nun these days." Sabi ko at kumunot naman ang noo ni Claude.

"Why? Is she sick? Is she okay?" Claude asked and I shook my head.

"Hindi! Grabe ka naman! Basta!" Sabi ko at kanina pa ako tinatawanan ni Atlas nagmumukha na siyang tanga ang sarap sampalin ng kabilaan.

"Elinor!" Pati kami ay napalingon sa lakas ng pagkasabi ni Braelynn.

Nginisian ko naman si Claude ng makita kong bigla siyang kinabahan. "Luh, kagwapo pero kinakabahan kapag nakikita 'yung ex." Biro ko at gustong tumawa ni Atlas pero sinamaan siya ng tingin ni Claude.

"Sige na, alis na ako may pogi akong nakita." Sabi ko at nginisian si Atlas at nakita ko siyang umirap.

"Who cares." Rinig kong sabi ni Atlas.

Elinor's POV:

"I'm going to the bathroom." I said and Tina stood up to help me stand up.

"Again? This is the fourth time in a row." Jessa said and I gave her a death stare.

"Try having three babies kicking your bladder every minute then tell me how it feels." I seriously said.

"Joke lang eh." I heard her say.

I flushed the toilet and opened the cubicle door and I saw Tina fixing her make up in the mirror and when she saw me she hurriedly went to me. "Get your hands off me my back hurts." I said and she nodded.

"He's here." She said and I frowned.

"What do you mean?" I said and my heart beat started beating so fast.

He's here? Why do I suddenly want to get out of this bathroom and find him.

No, are you crazy? He'll freak out when he sees me like this.

"Claude's here." She seriously said.

I began to feel emotions building inside of me; I'm not sure what to feel; I feel both sad and angry. My face started to become teary.

"Claude's here... I-I want to see him please... I want to be w-with him.." I started crying and sobbing and Tina tried to stop me.

"Whoa... Calm down, Ate." She tried to calm me down but the desire to see him grew more inside me.

"I want to see him, please! Six months have passed, and I've been longing for his presence and wanting to be with him. I want him to be there, holding my hand, while I give birth to our daughter's I want to experience being in his arms again. Tina, please..." I said while crying.

"Ate... pay attention. Calm down; everything's going to be alright. Just calm down first, and you'll have all the time you need to go to him. Think about the triplets. You can't be stressed." Tina said and I gulped and nodded.

"I just wanted to see him." I said while wiping my tears.

"I want to see the father of my triplets." I said.

"I know...I know... Calm down first, okay?" Tina said and hugged me.

"I miss him so much..." I said while crying on Tina's shoulder and she caressed my back.

"Shush, stop crying. I'm here... I won't leave you... you can't be stressed so before we get out of here you need to calm down first." She said and I nodded and tried to calm myself down.

Tina was fixing my make up because it got messed up when I cried. "You still looks so pretty." She said and I smiled.

"Namamaga na mata ko pa'no pa ako naging maganda n'yan." I said and her forehead creased.

"Oh bakit? Maganda ka pa din naman ah kahit nga siguro magkasugat ka sa mukha sobrang ganda mo pa din." She said and I smiled.

"Okay, done. Are you ready to get out of here?" She said and I nodded and sighed.

"Yes." I said and she nodded.

It was finally time for mom to blow out her candle, and since we're too many, the host just asked the family to come to the front so we could sing her a happy birthday, and the rest would be on their seats.

"Shit." I said.

What do I do? I'm not ready to tell him! I'm sure he'll be mad at me for not telling him I'm pregnant with his children.

But I'm more mad at him because of the past events that happened. I don't even want to mention it.

"Eli! Anak! Tara na!" Yaya saakin ni Mama para pumunta sa harapan at hindi ko alam gagawin ko.

"Tina, alalayan mo ang Ate mo." Sabi ni Mama at nanlaki ang mata ni Tina at mukhang nataranta din siya.

Wala siyang choice kung hindi lumapit saakin at alalayan ko at labag man sa loob ko ay wala din akong magawa at ayoko naman maging killjoy sa birthday ni Mama.

At sapat na din ang anim na buwan na pagtatago sakanya oras na din para malaman niya ang lahat. Ayoko na din tumakbo at takasan siya at hindi din pwede na habang buhay ay taguan ko siya dahil may karapatan din siya sa mga anak namin.

"Ate, I'm sorry." Tina whispered.

"It's fine." I smiled.

Inalalayan niya ako tumayo at naglakad na kami papunta sa harapan at nginitian ko si Mama.

He was standing there when I turned to look at the guests, and he appeared surprised to see me. Right in front of me is the man I love and have been yearning for for the past six months.

The father of my triplets.

I missed you so much I wish I could run to you right now and be in your arms again.

We started singing happy birthday for Mama. "Happy birthday to you! Happy birthday to you!" We sang and Akiesha and Aaron were the loudest and they're even dancing.

We cheered when Mama blew her candle and we all clapped. "Happy birthday, ma." I said and kissed her cheeks.

"Thank you, anak." She said.

"I love you, ma." I hugged her.

"I love you more, anak. And my apo's." She said and caressed my tummy.

"Kainan na!" Sigaw ni Tina at pati ako nabuhayan doon ah kanina pa kasi ako naghihintay na kumain.

"Hay, sawakas!" Sabi ko at natawa naman sila Mama.

-----