Chapter 26: Falling Is A Fairytale!...Right?

"I should've known heaven would come down here at some point. I was a fool to think that they would possibly turn a blind eye..." Lucifer rubbed her temples.

It was now the evening. The visit of the two angels still very much on her mind.

"I-It went a lot better than I was expecting to be honest! No one got hurt, even if it did seem like you were about to fight...." You chuckle nervously and rub the back of your neck.

"For that I apologise. You know it is my top priority to keep you safe!" Lucifer placed her hands on your shoulders and brushed them gently.

"Y-yeah I know." You gave her a reassuring smile.

"Good. Well I don't know about you, but I'm getting hungry! Let's get some food cooking! I'm sure the others are feeling hungry too." She removed her hands from your shoulders and walked into the kitchen.

You followed behind her and brought down a multitude of plates down for everyone. As you did this, in the corner of your eye you saw a nervy Azazel looking at herself in the big mirror on the wall in the living room.

She was running her fingers through her hair and grabbed a few strands of hair to have a closer look at them.

"Excuse me for a few seconds Lucy. I just need to check if Azzy is okay." You said while already taking a few steps towards the angel.

"Hm. That is fine my dear. It's best that someone has a talk with her. It isn't often that an angel is abandoned by the rest of heaven." Lucy said while clenching her fists a little, still reminiscing about what had happened with her.

"Of course. I'll be sure to make sure that she is coping with it well." You turned around to find that the angel had since disappeared.

Sighing, you searched the house to try and find her. It didn't take you long to do so though. She was rummaging through a cupboard when you found her.

"Azazel? You doing alright?" You asked from the doorway.

She jumped and tried to quickly get her head out of the cupboard, but hit her head on the way out and yelped with pain.

"Oh dear!" You quickly rushed over and joined her on the ground as she rubbed the sore spot on her head.

"Y-Y/N! You scared me there!" She stuttered as you gently took her hand away and kissed her head.

"I-I'm sorry Azzy....I'm just concerned about you. The whole business with those other angels must've affected you in some way. I just need to check on you."

She smiled a little and rested her head on your shoulder. "Th-thank you.....I-I'm alright though! I-I promise!"

"You sure? I saw you looking into the mirror just now. Grabbing at small strands of hair. You seemed concerned about something. Mind if I take a look as well?" You asked while hugging her.

She was concerned, but she really didn't want you to worry so much about it. This was something that in her mind, she could deal with.

But your comforting smile with the added warmth of your hug, reminded her that she could trust you.

"S-sure....you can do that." She lowered her head a little to make it easier for you to see.

"Thanks." You observed her hair and immediately saw what must've been worrying her and what caused the other angels to leave her behind.

A few strands of her hair were turning grey.

"I see now...your hair is going slightly grey in some places."

"Y-yeah...it is...." She sounded scared as she shuffled her way further into you.

"I-I can't be falling....a-a-all I need to do is colour my hair right?! O-or chop the grey bits off! R-Right Y/N?!" She looked up at you, her eyes filled with desperation.