Chapter 38: Divine Intervention

The alarm was really starting to get on your nerves as you tried your hardest to ignore it. In reality, you did not have that luxury.

It had been a month since you were last at work, meaning that your period of being at home with the girls had come to an end. You sighed deeply as you opened your eyes and stared up at the ceiling.

You had really enjoyed your month of for many reasons. To go back to work now just made you feel grumpy.

You'd much rather just stay here with the girls and continue spending your time with them. However, you knew that you couldn't be lazy and continuing to work was for the best.

After all, you still had to make money to provide for the growing household. Sure, your brother had been working the whole time, but his wage wasn't going to be enough anymore.

Especially since you had to go for groceries a couple of times a week because of how quickly you got through them.

"Ugh.....alright time to get up....." You grumbled as you reached over and slammed your hand down on top of your alarm clock to turn it off.

Standing up, you stretched your arms and legs letting out a moan of satisfaction before walking over to the wardrobe to retrieve your clothes.

"My dear....? Why are you awake so early?" A sleepy Lucy had just woken up as well. She rubbed her eyes and kept her head laid down on the pillow.

"Work Lucy....it's been a month....so I gotta get back to work...." You murmured before heading towards the door.

"Has it really been a month already? Time really has flown by...." She rubbed her head as you nodded.

"Unfortunately it has. I really enjoyed my time at home with you all though." You smiled slowly opened the door as to not make too much noise that would have wake anyone up.

That left Lucy alone to contemplate a few things. She too had enjoyed the time you had at home with everyone.

Perhaps she could do something to make sure that you didn't have to go in ever again. After all, she was the Queen of Hell. She could do whatever she wanted.

As she finished her contemplating, you had finished in the shower and came back in to check on her.

"Everything okay Lucy? You look like you're...plotting something." You asked, causing her to look at you and smile.

"I could very easily make it so you never have to work again!" She grinned.

"Uhm.....y-yeah no I'll be fine Lucy. I have to work to bring money in. And in all honesty....doing work makes us have a purpose." You shrugged. "As much as I'd love to stay home, I'm reality I'd start to feel useless eventually."

She sighed and nodded her head. "I....think I understand where you are coming from. Your human world is very different to hell of course."

You nodded again. "I'll be back later on. Please make sure the house doesn't get trashed or burned down while I'm away." You pleaded as she scoffed and nodded her head.

"Of course my dear! I am able to run hell, so I can take care of a human house on Earth!" She reassured as you walked over and leaned down, pressing a gentle kiss to her forehead.

"I know.....I love you Lucy. I'll see you later." You smiled and quickly left the room.

"I love you too my dear...." She grinned widely as her heart fluttered and your footsteps went down the stairs.

After a while, she heard the front door close and sighed once more. She remained in bed for a little longer, before she finally got up not wanting to put off having her beloved breakfast of pancakes much longer.