𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟑 ; 𝐩𝐚𝐠𝐞 𝟒𝟏

Laughs and screams where heard from the outside of the house loud Christmas music was played and Young children where playing under the lit up trees, the elders where under the porch drinking and eating as the snow slowly fell

Laughs and screams where heard from the outside of the house loud Christmas music was played and Young children where playing under the lit up trees, the elders where under the porch drinking and eating as the snow slowly fell. Being almost 5 months pregnant
You couldn't exactly tell.

Y/n was sitting under one tree with Thomas as she read a book to him sense he still wasn't exactly good at reading.

Mat, Tex and Alfredo where out in the field sense the tall grass had died, they where playing and lighting small fires around each other for god knows what.

"Thomas?" I turned to him sense he would grunt when he was ready to turn to the other page.
I caught him staring at my small baby bump
"What's wrong?" I asked him trying to figure out what he thought.

He just put his large hand on my stomach and rubbed soft circles, he grunts and points to the page. Chuckling I turned the page before ending up closing the book. He hasn't really talked and seemed so excited in a way for the baby.

"Are you excited for the baby?" I asked looking up at him again. He nodded but I could see through him. I don't think he cared.
He didn't even wanna help decorate for the baby shower. I was heart broken and confused on his actions.

For the past two or three months it's been this way. I sometimes think he wished I never got pregnant. Standing up not being able to be by him "I'm gonna go with the others" i didn't wait for him to say anything and walked fast to the other women.

Mama was making blue and pink dresses and shorts for whatever I was gonna have.
Hoyt was coming with the balloons for what the gender was. I've been on edge sense he left- I barley trust him with me let alone a balloon with my future Babies gender.

"What's wrong hon? You look stressed?"
Luda Mae asked as she put her hand around my back helping me sit. Sighing I shrugged
"It's nothing just mood swings"
I said

She nods not really trusting what I said before turning to glance at Thomas who was still sat by the tree. He looked deep in thought

Time went by and hoyt finally came with a somewhat big balloon. Everyone walked towards us and hoyt gave me the balloon.
Thomas came behind me and looked down at me. He handed me the needle.
"You do it" I looked at him pushing the needle his way.

With no emotion he takes the needle and punctures the ballon with a loud pop,
Blue sparkles came  from the air. Cheers and claps where heard.

Smiling I hugged Thomas and he wrapped his arms around me. Everyone started to talk about potential baby's names.
Young kids saying different names and the young girls getting mad that it's a boy

I glanced at Thomas and seen him stare at the slowly falling blue sprinkles that scattered across the floor. I wish I knew what he thought.

————
Later in the night Thomas and I were in bed,
I couldn't sleep- hell how could anyone sleep knowing their partner doesn't care for the baby?!
I tried to stop the tears form coming but soon the flowed out and onto my pillow damping half the side.

Sniffling I snuggled into the pillow to try to comfort myself from the pain and Thomas was really hard to wake up so there was no point in that.

That whole knight I couldn't sleep, I only heard crickets, Thomas snores and creaks form the house settling in. Turning over I looked at Thomas features and the rise and fall of his stomach

I wondered what our baby boy would look like
Would he have my eyes or Thomas colored eyes?
Would he be tall? Would he be...normal?

Is that what Thomas is scared about?
..my baby is gonna be a monster?
That couldn't happen- I'd love him no matter what.