𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟑 ; 𝐩𝐚𝐠𝐞 𝟒𝟒

His footsteps went up the creaky old stairs

His huffs and grunts where heard as he slowly walked up the stairs. Opening the doors he was met with Hoyt and Monty at the dinner table.

Mama was sitting the food around the table.
He turned to see y/n at her spot as usual.
Sitting down the table was met with silence and short coughs from Monty.

Y/n had her head tilted downward, she never dared look at Thomas...but the whole time mama stared at Thomas.

As Hoyt was about to talk there was a wet sound with droplets as it hit the floor. They all turned towards y/n. She stared at Hoyt, then mama.
"My water broke" she said getting up fast.

Mama held onto her and took her to the bathroom, Thomas tried to go with but Hoyt grabbed him. "Just wait" he said drinking his beer and sitting down

Monty smiled in delight and clapped his hands hearing the sounds that y/n made.
After a while of not hearing anything
Thomas leg shakes a bit. Hoyt chuckled lightly and turned towards Thomas
"Have fun" he said getting up and grabbed Monty wheelchair walking towards the bathroom.

Thomas walked behind, his heart beating faster and faster as the bathroom door came closer.
Hoyt opened the door and to his surprise a healthy y/n was leaned back in the tub with the baby boys face in the crook of her neck sound asleep.

"Is he?" Hoyt asked mama
She ignored his question "Cmon let's leave them"
Thomas was gonna walk out too before mama forcefully put Thomas back in the bathroom before shutting the door quietly.

Thomas sat on the toilet staring at a wall. He was afraid to look at her and his son.
"You can go" she said softly playing with the new bath water mama had done before leaving.

Thomas shook his head and turned to stare at her and the baby. "He has your eyes..and hair" she said smiling to herself as she looked down at the bubbled waters "wanna hold him?" She asked after a while. Her voice week from the screaming and crying.

He nods a little after thinking.
She moved a bit towards thomas and put there baby in his arms. Thomas stood still like a rock and watched as the baby's face contours as he slowly wakes the baby didn't have any bruises marks or gross eating flesh.

Thomas was ready. He was ready for his son to be scared of him. The baby's dark eyes opened, his hand went towards Thomas cheek and put his small hand on it. The baby babbled before snuggling into Thomas and sleeping again.
"What do you wanna name him?"
Thomas asked quietly trying to not wake the baby and trying to calm his heart down.

"What would you like?" Y/n said
"What about Nathan?" He said after a while
Smiling y/n put her hand on his leg she nods looking at Thomas