11

The next day, you went downstairs to spend some time with Toby. He was really quiet but he seemed interesting.

"So what do you like to do?" You asked. "I uh. I like to r-read." He stuttered. You smiled. "Good! I have plenty of books." You said. You walked down the hallway and went towards the miniature library. You bumped into someone and stood up and brushed yourself off. You looked up and saw Jeff. Your eyes got really wide. "Hey Toby. Hello (Y/N)." He said. You quickly grabbed Toby and walked around him.

"W-what was that all about?" Toby asked. "...nothing." You said slowly. "It d-didn't look like n-nothing." He said. "Did Jeff d-do something to you?" Toby asked. You looked down and stopped walking. "H-hey I didn't m-mean to upset you." He said trying to calm you down. "It's not your fault, Toby. Jeff did something yesterday. Something bad." You said. "What did he do? You can tell me. Please? I care about you. You're really nice to me. I want to make sure you're happy." He begged. "Jeff and I ended up kissing yesterday on the couch. I stopped him because it wasn't right. And then he uh. He tried to force himself on me. But Jack intervened." You explained. Toby's eyes got wide and he hugged you. "I-I'm so sorry! W-why would he do something like t-that? J-Jeff is mean, but not t-that mean." Toby said. "I p-promise I won't let him t-touch you again." He said. His hand held your head and he hugged you for a few minutes.

Later that day you convinced your dad to let you go out with some friends. It took a while because your friends weren't the best people to hang around. They got into drugs and stuff like that. Your dad gave in when you said you felt alone and trapped in the house.

"Okay. Let me get this straight. This guy made out with you but you didn't feel comfortable. So his method is to try to rape you? Man he is fucked up!" Your best friend, (friends name), said as you all sat in his driveway. He and a three other friends sat on the front porch smoking. "That must be really stressful. I mean you live with him. How can you avoid him if you live with him? That's so confusing." Another friend said. "You need something to calm your nerves. Here." Your friend said handing you a pill. You stared at the tablet and looked at your friend. "What is this?" You asked. He laughed. "It's LSD. It'll keep things good for a while." He said. A car honked. It was Jack. "I guess I have to go." You said. You walked towards the car. "Hey wait!" Your friend called running up to you. He slipped a pill bottle into your hand. "Keep them. You're gonna want more after that one pill." He said winking. "Thanks." You said. "Bye (Y/N)!" Your friends yelled.

"Why do you hang out with people like that?" Jack asked as you got in the car. "Because they're nice to me." You said. "They can get you in a lot of trouble." He lectured. "I don't fucking care. Why are you here?" You asked. "Your dad sent me to pick you up." He said. "Of course he did." You said. You should put your seat belt on." Jack said. You rolled your eyes and put your headphones on and turned your music up.

When you got home your dad tried to hug you. "What is wrong with you? I was gone for like thirty minutes! Do you not trust me anymore?!" You yelled. You stormed off to your room leaving everyone shocked. You slammed the bedroom door shut and locked it. You turned around and noticed you weren't the only one in your room.