22

The next day you were allowed to go home. Jeff drove and you sat in the passenger seat. Your original clothes
were bloody so Jeff let you wear a pair of his sweat pants and his hoodie. You stared out the window as you drove down the driveway.

"Hey. What's wrong?" Jeff asked putting one hand on your leg. You looked at his hand and smiled slightly. "Nothing. I'm just creeped out that's all." You said quietly. "Creeped out about what?" He asked as he put the car in park. "The last time I was here, I didn't even know this was my home." You said. "Sure it's a little creepy but it's over. And you're safe." Jeff said. He got out of the car and walked to your door. He opened it up and picked you up bridal style. "Let's get you settled into bed and we'll watch movies." He said.

Jeff laid you on the bed and tucked you in. "I know what movie you want to watch." Jeff said. "Oh really?" You asked. "Yeah. You want to watch (favorite movie)." He said. "... Yes." You said quickly. He put the movie in and plopped down next to you. You laid your head on his chest and he placed his hand on your head. You and Jeff fell asleep shortly after.

Jack walked in and saw Jeff and you snuggled up and got angry. He stomped over to Jeff and flicked him in the ear. "What the hell, man!" Jeff said rubbing his ear. "Relax. I didn't force her to fall asleep on me." He said sarcastically. You rolled over and muttered Jeff's name in your sleep. Jeff smiled and Jack stormed out of the room. Jeff wrapped his arm around you and closed his eyes.

You woke up about twenty minutes later. You and Jeff laid in each other's arms. Jeff traced patterns on your back as he told you stories. Your father called for dinner and Jeff stood up. "I'll bring some food up here for us." He said kissing your forehead. You sat there for a minute then you felt like you were going to puke. You dashed for the bathroom and started coughing up blood. Jane walked in and ran to hold your hair back. "Help! (Y/N)'s coughing up blood! It's everywhere!" She screamed. You cried. "It's okay. Everything's gonna be okay." She said trying to comfort you. "Why do bad things happen to me?" You asked sobbing.

Jeff and Jack ran in and Jeff cradled you. "(Y/N) what happened?" Jack asked crouching in front of you. You couldn't stop crying. "You need to answer me. Now." Jack said. He sounded upset or disappointed. You felt like he was upset at you and cried harder. "You're making it worse." Jane said. "We can't fix something when we don't even know what happened. She's not helping by crying." Jack said getting in Jane's face. You got scared and clung to Jeff harder and Jeff noticed. "Jack, you need to calm the fuck down! You're scaring her!" Jeff said loudly. "How do you know?" Jack asked turning to Jeff. Jeff stood up and Jane took his place cradling you. "She wouldn't be clinging to Jane and I if she wasn't scared! You aren't helping by being a dick!" Jeff yelled. "Look at her, Jack! She's terrified! It's your fault!" Jeff yelled. Jack looked at you and his scary expression turned to regretful and shocked. "(Y-Y/N) I am so sorry. I didn't mean-" "Stop." You said quietly. You were clinging to Jane's black sweater. "(Y/N) I-" "Stop!" You said louder. His eyes got red like he was holding back tears. He walked out slowly and hung his head in sadness. Jane helped you up and walked you to the bed. You sat down and she helped you get cleaned up.

Your father ran in and handed Jane car keys. "I think you should go to the hospital to get checked out." He said. You nodded. "We'll have some girl time." Jane said smiling. She helped you up and you got in the car. She drove you to the hospital. You were immediately put in a room. The doctor came in and frowned. "I heard you've been coughing up some blood." She said. You nodded. "Well it is normal to cough up blood after a trauma like a gunshot or car accident. And you were stabbed. We can easily and safely list that as the cause. We will see if it isn't something else just in case. She said. She walked out and Jane slid her phone into her pocket. "Your boyfriend is driving me insane." She said. "Why?" You asked. "He hasn't stopped texting me since we left the house." She said. "Tell him I said I'm fine and to shut up." You said. She nodded and texted him. About a minute later Jane's phone beeped and she started laughing. "What did he say?" You asked. "He said that you aren't fine and if you want to shut him up you have to make him." She said. You rolled your eyes. "Tell him I said when I get out of here I will." You said. Jane fake gagged and texted Jeff. He texted back about twenty seconds later. "What did he say?" You asked. Jane looked like she was going to puke. "I can't even read it out loud. You read it." Jane said handing you the phone. You read to yourself:

"If I keep talking would that mean you'd handle things rough or no?"

You busted out laughing and handed the phone to Jane. She didn't reply to him and slid the phone into her pocket. The doctor came in and ran some tests. About an hour or so later you were allowed to go home. You were very clear to Jane that you wanted to walk without help. You walked inside and Jack ran up to you. "Are you okay, (Y/N)?" He asked. You shifted uncomfortably when he hugged you. He sadly let go. He didn't mean to scare you or upset you in any way. Jeff walked up to you and leaned against the wall. "So I was told that you were going to make me shut up?" He asked. You rolled your eyes and you gave everyone hugs. You walked upstairs and sat on your bed. Jeff walked in and walked up to you. He placed his hands on your knees and stood in front of you. "So are you sure you're okay?" He asked. "Yes. I'm sure." You answered. He flopped onto the bed and you fell back on the bed. You talked before you took a little nap.