13

The next day your dad planned a picnic at the lake down the trail in the backyard. You were super excited because the lake was your favorite place. You walked along side Jeff. Which surprised everyone.

"I'm so flopping excited!!" You cheered as you skipped down the path. "You really like the lake don't you?" Jeff asked. "Yup! It huge!" You yelled. You saw it up ahead and dropped everything in your hands. You ran toward the dock and screamed "FOR NARNIA!!!" And you jumped into the lake. Everyone laughed. "Ben! What's my score?!" You hollered as you resurfaced. "Ten out of ten!" He shouted as he set up his chair. "Ha! Beat that, Jeffery!" You taunted Jeff. Jeff smirked. "With pleasure!" He hollered as he ran down the dock and splashed into the water. "Boo!" You shouted, putting your thumb upside down. Jeff didn't come back up. "Jeff?" You asked looking around. You felt something touch your foot. Next thing you knew you were dragged under the water. When you resurfaced Jeff was laughing his ass off. "Ha ha. You think it's so hilarious don't you?" You asked. He couldn't catch his breath so he nodded. You splashed him with water and he got serious. "So that's how this is going to go down is it?" He asked. He splashed you back and you two started splashing each other back and forth. "Hey! How about you two come here and eat first!" Jack said stopping the fun. You rolled your eyes and started to swim back. "Hey you." Jeff said as he stopped you from swimming. "Hey." You said blushing a bit. "So where you gonna sit up there?" He asked as you started swimming together. "I don't know. We should sit together over on the dock." You suggested. "What would Jack say?" Jeff asked. "Who cares? He ain't my daddy." You said, sassy. Jeff laughed and helped you get on the dock. "So much sass." He said jokingly.

You ran over to the picnic table and took two sandwiches and two drinks. You ran back to the dock and set everything down. "Oh shit. I forgot the chips. I'll be right back." You told Jeff. "Hey dad! I left the chips back at the house! I'll be right back!" You yelled. You ran as fast as you could down the trail and into the house. You walked slowly in the house because you didn't want to slip. You forgot to dry off. You grabbed the huge family sized bag of chips and ran out of the house.

You ran through the trail and stopped dead in your tracks. That thing. The red and black thing. He was standing there. Staring at you. He didn't move or say anything. He just stared at you. "(Y/N)!" Jeff's voice called. The thing disappeared. "Yeah. I'm coming!" You called back. You continued to walk. You met Jeff at the end of the trail. "Hey. Are you okay?" Jeff asked putting his hands on your shoulders. "Yeah I'm fine." You said. You looked behind you and Jeff looked around you. "What are you looking at?" He asked. "Nothing." You said before turning around to face Jeff again. "You were gone for like ten minutes. You had everyone worried." He said. "No I wasn't. I was gone for like two minutes. I wasn't even in the house for a whole minute." You protested. "Okay. Believe what you want but you were gone for a while." He said s he turned around to walk back to the dock. You were so confused.

You walked over to the table and sat the chips down. "Here's the chips." You said. You turned around and walked back to the dock. You sat down and stared at your food. "You should eat." Jeff said. "I'm not hungry." You said. He frowned. "Eat please." He said. "No." You said. He gave the puppy dog eyes. "Not even for me?" He asked. "No. Not even for you." You said. You stood up and jumped into the lake. "You can come back in when you stop being a dork!" You yelled at him. You swam farther out and turned around to face the others. Jeff was standing on the dock waving at you. "What's the matter, Jeff?!" You yelled. "This isn't fair!" He yelled to you. Jack and Toby stared at Jeff like they were shooting lasers through his head. You felt something grab your foot and tug on you. Everyone was at the table and Jeff was on the dock. It tugged again. This time with enough force to pull you under the water. When you got up again you tried to catch your breath. "What's wrong?!" Jeff yelled to you. "Something just grabbed my fucking foot!" You yelled. Everyone looked over towards you. You tread the water for a moment until it dragged you under the water again. You resurfaced and panicked. You swam towards the other side of the lake. "Are you okay?!" Your dad asked from the other side of the lake. "Yeah. I guess." You said quietly. "I'm fine! I'm gonna walked around the lake!" You hollered. You began walking around the lake and stared at the water. What grabbed you? Was it the thing that you saw on the trail?

You were halfway back to where everyone was when you heard a voice in the woods. It was calling your name. "Hello?" You asked as you stepped closer. You walked through an opening and looked around. The ground was all mushy and muddy and it felt weird under your feet. The voice repeated your name. "Hello?" You asked again. The voice stopped. You were about to turn around when you saw a person standing on a rock in front of you. It looked just like you. Except for the fact she had no eyes and she was covered in blood. Your eyes got wide and you couldn't move. "He's here. And soon you won't be." The thing spoke. Then it disappeared. You ran as fast as you could back towards the dock. Towards Jeff. You were terrified and needed Jeff. He could protect you. You ran into something hard and fell backwards. "There you are!" Jeff's voice said relieved as he bent over you. "Are you okay? You look like you've seen a ghost." He asked. "I think I did." You said shaky. "You think you saw a ghost?" He asked. "Yeah. It was scary. It looked just like me except it didn't have eyes and it was covered in blood. Like I'm not even joking." You said fast. He stared at you intently for a minute. "Did this ghost you thing say anything?" He asked. You nodded. "It said He's here. And that I wouldn't be. Or something like that." You said. He looked back towards the woods. "You look sick." He said. He picked you up and carried you the rest of the way. Your dad ran up to you and you jumped out of Jeff's arms. "Sweetheart are you okay?" He asked hugging you tightly. "Dad. I'm fine." You said shifting uncomfortably in your dads arms. He let go and looked at you weirdly. "You look sick. Are you sure you're okay?" He asked. "Yeah I'm. I'm fine. I'm gonna go to the house. You guys have fun. I'm gonna go take a nap." You said. "Are you sure? We don't want to leave you out of the fun." Jack asked. "I'm sure. Just have fun. I'll see you all back at the house." You said.

You walked back to the house and started walking up the stairs. It got darker and creepier each step you took. You got really dizzy all of a sudden. "Hello, (Y/N). It's been a while since we last spoke." A voice spoke. You looked around. You looked back and saw that thing. "What do you want from me?" You asked. It laughed. "It's quite simple really. You see. When you were born I told your father to kill you. You were a waste of time and a distraction. He wouldn't listen though. He felt a deep regard for you. And he never listened. What I want to do is stop the distractions so your father can get back to what really matters. And to do that I must kill you." It said. "But I actual enjoy messing around with you. It's is quite entertaining." It added. It walked closer to you and you backed against the wall. "I can't wait to kill you." He said. Before you could say anything he disappeared. Everything got blurry and you felt like you were going to throw up. You ran to the bathroom before you could throw up. When you were done you walked to your bedroom and laid down. You rolled of and took a nap.